Aqualung and gray markets...FYI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBZ:
It would seem to me that if the LDS serviced the item, hooked it up to pressure and was able to verify through their company policy that the item passed the tests required to be completed after service, that if the item broke underwater and was found to be fake/counterfeit, that the seller would be responsible. Not the LDS.

If there was an injury associated with the failure, you can bet that the lawyer is going to go after the LDS...as well as AL and LP.
Problem is that the LDS will be the least able to afford the liability. You can bet your bottom dollar they will be named in the suit.

Splitlip:
Where are you? That certainly is not the case in my location.

I agree. I cannot see an AL, or any other tech asking...Um...Did you buy this from Leisure Pro?...

I see this in my industry all the time (musical instruments). If AL wanted to stop the LP(or other unauthorized retailers) sales, all you do is order a couple pieces, see where you shipped those serial numbers originally and stop selling to that distributor. Simple. But like stated above, AL doesn't want to lose these sales.

I see this in my industry all the time (musical instruments). If AL wanted to stop the LP(or other unauthorized retailers) sales, all you do is order a couple pieces, see where you shipped those serial numbers originally and stop selling to that distributor. Simple. But like stated above, AL doesn't want to lose these sales.

Very true, so the gray market debate is a bunch of BS, as AL is really not trying to stop it.

It's not hard for an objective observer to come to the same conclusion as most people here (that AL isn't trying very hard to limit 'unauthorized' channels), but there are a lot of authorized AL dealers who can't see it.

Why? I have no idea.

but there are a lot of authorized AL dealers who can't see it.

because they don't want to see it.... they don't want to admit that it's happening...

they hide behind the line of "internet scuba gear will kill you".

Aqualung reps re-enforce that concept by feeding them more kool-aid.

What I find interesting is there IS a person on this board that could put an end to any speculation about LeisurePro and where they get their Aqualung, or any other brand of equipment - Leisure Pro Brett. But he seems to be conspicuously quiet on this subject. No, I'm not an Aqualung dealer.

What I find interesting is there IS a person on this board that could put an end to any speculation about LeisurePro and where they get their Aqualung, or any other brand of equipment - Leisure Pro Brett. But he seems to be conspicuously quiet on this subject. No, I'm not an Aqualung dealer.

You can get the answer about LP if you watch their video clip about their company. They say the get the gear from all over the world. So the AL is gray market. :14:

Last edited:

Or, alternatively, you could contact diverep1976 and get it from the horses mouth.

Dan Rodarte
Aqua Lung Regional Manager
Nor Cal, Pacific Northwest

Yes Brett could prob answer that.... but not fair to put him on the spot for something he most likely has no control over. LP is a big company and someone else makes those deals I bet.

But why should he answer that...

Or, alternatively, you could contact diverep1976 and get it from the horses mouth.

Dan Rodarte
Aqua Lung Regional Manager
Nor Cal, Pacific Northwest

I've noticed he has kept quiet in all these Aqualung discussions..... but can you blame him? people here would just trash him for any answer he gave about it.

That and I guarentee you that Aqualung reads these threads... or their legal team does. At least one Aqualung thread has been shut down due to threat of legal issues by Aqualung.

Yes Brett could prob answer that.... but not fair to put him on the spot for something he most likely has no control over. LP is a big company and someone else makes those deals I bet.

But why should he answer that...

I've noticed he has kept quiet in all these Aqualung discussions..... but can you blame him? people here would just trash him for any answer he gave about it.

That and I guarentee you that Aqualung reads these threads... or their legal team does. At least one Aqualung thread has been shut down due to threat of legal issues by Aqualung.

I remember that thread ... you must remember that AquaLung is that "500 lb gorilla" sitting in the room and he usually gets what he wants ... especially if he has a "lawyer" sitting next to him telling him what to do >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To quote Dr. Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap : "o boy" ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom