Aqua Safari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beverly

New
Reaction score
This is my 1st Thread. Hope I'm doing this correctly.
I'm thinking of booking with Aqua Safari and staying at Condumel. Does anyone have any feedback on these choices? My husband, son and I are brand new to all of this and will be getting our OW in Cozumel in June. I will appreciate any imput.

We dove with Aqua Safari in March. You just walk across the street from the shop and get in the boat. They were the only dive outfit we dove with, so I don't have anything to compare, but they did fine by us.

More answers then you wanted. 1) I've spent the last three winters on Cozumel and I don't know where Condumel is. 2) If Condumel is in Downtown San Miguel I think that you have made a good choice. Aqua Safari is very convinient to downtown living and diving. If Condumel is out of town to the south or north you had lots of choices and still are going to be OK with Aqua Safari. Last) Are you taking an OW class on Cozumel or just doing your open water dives as referal ? I recomend the referal route as there is often something "lacking" in taking the OW course on the Island.

Just went and checked your other post. Looks like referal and that will work out great. I think the easy of getting out onto the boat and thru the cleanup is part of the experience and should be as easy as possible till you are hooked. Aqua Safari should be great, especialy if Condumel is a short walk. If Condumel is not downtown and nearby you might change one or the other. There are at least three good places real close to Aqua Safari.

adios don O

Condumel is north of town, across the street from the airport runway and military base.

Thanks Christi, now I know where Condumel is, walked by it lots of times. Just never saw the writing on the wall. Thats a nice walk downtown, especialy in the morning. Maybe a mile and a half.

adios

Beverly:
This is my 1st Thread. Hope I'm doing this correctly.
I'm thinking of booking with Aqua Safari and staying at Condumel. Does anyone have any feedback on these choices? My husband, son and I are brand new to all of this and will be getting our OW in Cozumel in June. I will appreciate any imput.

By the way...it is a cute place. It's older, but very spacious, equipped, and great views of the ocean. I think all units have a balcony and they are very affordable, which makes them appealing as well! and the location really isn't that bad. I have some friemds that stay there every time they come down and they always walk into town. Takes them about 10 to 15 minutes to the square.

I recomend Aqua Safari highly. i dove with them my first time in coz and they were great!

I also recommend Aqua Safari, I dove with them on several occasions and was never disappointed. Good divemasters and the people in the shop were very friendly.

One more thing, depending on how long you're down there. I highly recommend taking a fish identification course with Sheryl Shea at Aqua Safari. It's a great/fun, not too expensive course and will definitely help improve your knowledge of sea life in the Caribbean. Once you take that you'll become a member of REEF (reef.org) and can submit surveys of fish populations on the internet to help scientists monitor fish populations. Doesn't take much time to complete and its good to know.

Website is http://www.aquasafari.com/reef/index.html

-Mike

macado:
I also recommend Aqua Safari, I dove with them on several occasions and was never disappointed. Good divemasters and the people in the shop were very friendly.

One more thing, depending on how long you're down there. I highly recommend taking a fish identification course with Sheryl Shea at Aqua Safari. It's a great/fun, not too expensive course and will definitely help improve your knowledge of sea life in the Caribbean. Once you take that you'll become a member of REEF (reef.org) and can submit surveys of fish populations on the internet to help scientists monitor fish populations. Doesn't take much time to complete and its good to know.

Website is http://www.aquasafari.com/reef/index.html

-Mike

Sheryl is the QUEEN of Fish ID and a super nice lady and she loves teaching the course :)

I haven't been out on a survey dive with her in quite awhile, but I keep hoping I can sooner than later!

And yes, Aqua Safari is an excellent operation as well!

Does anyone have any experience at the Safari Inn (the rooms above the dive shop)? Did you hear a lot of noise from the night life at night? Oh, and what is the typical taxi fee from the airport to there.

Back
Top Bottom