Aqua Lung regulators - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am currently using a AL Kronos and I love it. The side exhaust is great. I never really noticed my exhaust bubbles in my face until I tried a Kronos reg.

Hmmm, so now with the Kronos you DO notice them?

Yeah when I used my GF's reg. She wanted to try the Kronos out one day so we switched and thats when I noticed all the bubbles in my face.

I have an AL Legend ACL with a yoke first stage. It is my "I'm-going-diving-in-the-Caribbean-where-they-don't-have-DIN-tanks" on the liveaboard rig. Good regulator.

I have the aqualung Glacia and octo. These are great cold water and ice diving regs. It has ACD (auto closure device). The hoses have a heat exchanger mid line and a heat exchanger on the end of the line at the regulators. I love these regs as both the primary and secondary are full regulators that look the same other than colour. When I went through the Padi course and did the out of air drills, my buddy commented on how well my octo work and It's ease of breathing. I am very happy with them. I would recommend aqualung.

Hey Aqua Lung fans. If you are around Orlando, Phil at Wet N Fla Scuba in Lake Mary has an excellent Conshelf all metal regulator set for sale. It comes with a Sherwood octo, and a nice Tekna gauge set. This is all serviced and priced at $200.

This is the regulator that many experienced divers call a favorite. If I had a pile of money, I'd buy it, just bcause it is in nice shape.

Stu

USD Conshelf SE3; two sets. I beat the c**p out of them and they work.

Own 10 US Divers / Aqualung Regulators, between 3 and 50 years old. The only one that is not diveable is an original Aquamatic (first single hose regulator), that I have as a collectors item. Otherwise have 3 Conshelf XIV, 1 Aquarius, 1 modern Mistral 2 hose, 2 Vintage DA Aquamaster 2 hoses, One royal Aquamaster, and a Calypso J (yes it has a built in "J" valve, in case your tank does not have one).

Have had all of the single hose regs serviced in the last 3 years, even though two have been out of production for over 20 years.

These Regs are Bomb Proof.
:coffee:

I have tried the Titan, Legend, and Kronos, and they are all outstanding performers. The Legend is more expensive but breathing in deep water and in currents is so easy. I recently purchased the Aqualung Kronos. It has side exhaust and also an environmental seal in case you forget the dust cap. Amazing reg!!!

I have a Pro Diver, a Micra on a Pro Diver 1st stage (Conshelf) and a Royal AquaMaster with new silicone valves and will be getting new silicone hoses as well.

90% of my gear is AquaLung/U.S. Divers. I am so satisfied with the quality of my equipment that I don't really look anywhere else. YMMV.

I use a Cousteau 1st stage/Impulse 2nd stage as my primary reg, and a Conshelf XIV (both stages) on my pony. Both purchased used (ebay), both serviced by a local LDS with environmental kits back-fitted. Parts are still supported by Aqualung, and these regs have reputations as bullet-proof. In my humble opinion, used AL regs are a great buy provided you have an AL tech you trust and get them serviced before using them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom