Aqua Lung regulators - anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the Apeks range too. Aqualung own Apeks (I think).
The Legend's seem to be great regs, but being English I snubbed the French link for the English one !!! And have no regrets - my Apeks ATX200s (similar to top of range AL Legend) have over 2000 dives and barring mouthpiece changes, no problems at all !!

I'd say Aqua Lung are a good choice for regs !

All my single hose regs are Aqua Lung/US Divers XIV's and XII's. My double hose regs are US Drivers too. Its what I started with and see no needed in anything else. I find no problem with getting service or buying parts.

Not to sound offensive at all, but why Aqua Lung? I don't even have a dealer in my area out of the six dive shops.
No offense taken. Aqualung has been around since the beginning of SCUBA, they must be doing something right. Their parts support is fantastic and they support regs that have been out of production for a long time. If I am going to make an investment in life support equipment, it is nice to know the manufacturer will support the product for decades to come.

No offense taken. Aqualung has been around since the beginning of SCUBA, they must be doing something right. Their parts support is fantastic and they support regs that have been out of production for a long time. If I am going to make an investment in life support equipment, it is nice to know the manufacturer will support the product for decades to come.

yes they make great regulators, but too bad they don't support their dealers....

Aqualung has been around since the beginning of SCUBA, they must be doing something right.

Actually, US Divers (now Aqua Lung) was around for some years before SCUBA. I believe the term SCUBA was first used by the Navy in the late 50 and then it was copyrighted by Healthways.

Healthways made a number of regulators with the name SCUBA… (Scuba Deluxe, Scuba Star, etc.).

Scubapro originated as the professional division of Healthways, but was soon sold (to two employees) due to financial troubles at Healthways.

Healthways closed sometime in the early 70’s and the term Scuba has become public domain.

Before “SCUBA diving”, you went “diving with an Aqua Lung”.

I own a number of US Divers double hose regulators that date to the early 60’s and a number of newer single hose.

One of the great things is that many modern Aqua Lung regulators use the same first stage as the Royal Aqua Master that was introduced around 1965 (all the internal parts are interchangeable).

I am looking into new reg and thought to also check here, but I can't seem to find any postings for any Aqua Lung regs.
You should get a Aqualung Titan LX, nice reg.
a Matter a Fact if you dont get thet Titan LX your a big poopy diaper.
Just Kidding, had mind Meld for a minute.
But really it is a good Reg and it is a Aqualung:D:mooner::D:mooner::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Actually, US Divers (now Aqua Lung) was around for some years before SCUBA. I believe the term SCUBA was first used by the Navy in the late 50 and then it was copyrighted by Healthways.

Healthways made a number of regulators with the name SCUBA… (Scuba Deluxe, Scuba Star, etc.).

Scubapro originated as the professional division of Healthways, but was soon sold (to two employees) due to financial troubles at Healthways.

Healthways closed sometime in the early 70’s and the term Scuba has become public domain.

Before “SCUBA diving”, you went “diving with an Aqua Lung”.

I own a number of US Divers double hose regulators that date to the early 60’s and a number of newer single hose.

One of the great things is that many modern Aqua Lung regulators use the same first stage as the Royal Aqua Master that was introduced around 1965 (all the internal parts are interchangeable).

Luis, there was a very good series of articles in Diver magazine out of Canada, about the origin of US Divers and the trade mark of Aqualung, about 2 years ago. I've tried to capture it in pdf, but I end up with a file that is huge. If you are interested you might contact them thru their website.

Conshelf Iv

Conshelf Xiv

Back
Top Bottom