Aqua Lung Advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buknbull

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings Earthlings, I am looking to upgrade my reg from the Aqualung Titan to the Aqualung Legend.. but before I do that, I need some advise...

1. I noticed that it has 2 HP ports, I am somewhat new to diving, and am not a hundered percent sure what the 2nd port is for..

2. I normally do not purchase anything from Leisure Pro, as I like to make sure that the owner of my LDS has a very good retirement fund.. :D I did notice somthing on the aqualung site that said Leisure Pro is NOT AN AUTHORIZED dealer.. ok, I get that, but at the same time, it really did say some really unflattering things about being GREY MARKET equipment. Should I forgo the purchase and continue to support my LDS?

3. I dive in all climates.. Boston, Hawaii, Cancun, Canada and I am also trying to work on some deeper certifications. Is this the right reg to "grow" with me?

Thank you for your replies in advance, and both Biased and UNBIASED are appreciated...

Also, if you happen to have opinions of other regs feel free to fire it at me

1. The Second Hp Port can be for a variety of reasons. 1 hose routing, 2 using a wireless transmitter with an spg, etc. etc

2. I would def. buy your reg from your LDS. Any type of accessory go right ahead and get it from Leisure Pro but any crucial equip "Ie: BCD, Computer, Reg" get from your LDS. This way when it comes for servicing all you need to do is drive down to your LDS, instead of sending it by mail to Leisure Pro.

3. The Legend is a Great reg. I use one myself and picked it so that I can grow with it. The titan is also a great reg and know many advance divers that use them "You might just want to keep the Titan, or upgrade it to LX for the enviro sealed". As far as all climates the regular Legend will work fine even though Aqualung markets the Supreme version of the Legend. The Supreme Legend will get you a Lip shield and a silver ring instead of gold. Spend more for the same reg? Not me. Other regs comparable to the Legend: Apeks XTX series, ScubaPro Mk17/G250

I bought the Legend from Lesiure pro. Less than half the price of dive shop. 1/3 price of LOCAL dive shops. However EVERY TIME I take it in for service I get a look as if I just brought the guys 16 year old daughter back from a date with her sweater inside out.

The extra money at the local shop (providing it will stay open more than five years) is worth it to get better service from them in the future. Or do like I do and just roll your eyes at them, make rude comments about their mother and pull the greenbacks out for the extra charges...

EVERY TIME I take it in for service I get a look as if I just brought the guys 16 year old daughter back from a date with her sweater inside out.

Sweet:D

I bought the Legend from Lesiure pro. Less than half the price of dive shop. 1/3 price of LOCAL dive shops.

Woah! I thought my LDS was alittle high compared to Leisure Pro, but damn! In no way double.... The LX on leisurepro is 400 and I payed 560 "comes with 2 years of service" at my local shop.

However EVERY TIME I take it in for service I get a look as if I just brought the guys 16 year old daughter back from a date with her sweater inside out.

Point taken..

ok, So, LDS wins... besides, I certain he'll be able to help me with any other questions that may come up...

Point taken..

ok, So, LDS wins... besides, I certain he'll be able to help me with any other questions that may come up...

Well, this "you really should buy from the LDS so they can provide service" makes the assumption that the LDS service department is competent. That isn't necessarily true. All the warranty gets you is free parts, not competent labor.

Richard

My wife has a top of the line Legend, got it at LP. I have bought two Titan LX for myself and one came from LP, the other eBay, new, cheap, dirt cheap. Don't care about a warranty, beside, I got cards with mine. We move from time to time, how does one place know from another where I got anything, besides, I fix, repair, modify, tear up my own stuff, don't need some retail dive equipment store to ruin my junk.

You don't need two HP ports but it can be useful for routing or for the belt and suspender people who buy a wireless and then keep a mechanical spg for back up because they don't trust the electronic crap so they double their trouble and money by carrying two were one used to do.

N, less is more, minimalism is zen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom