April Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, trailers are for sissies :)

Takes about 20 minutes to completely setup, inflating via footpump and everything. I can do it by myself in that time, cut about 5 minutes off with a second person(which definately makes getting the floorboard slats in easier).

I've been using it to run the shore wrecks back to back and to dive the Gulf State Pier. Keeps from having to setup and dive, dissassemble equipment, drive to next location, and repeat. Way easier to set the boat up head to one site, dive, go to another, dive, go to another, dive, ect. I also run around Perdido Bay and Perdido River and camp quite a bit off the boat.

It makes it up creek to Cypress with ease and it allows me to laugh at the rowers, and the uber slow motor boats(PHD's boat for instance). :rofl3:

Is it worth it? IMO, yep. I plan to start running it out a bit further off the beaches to hit some of the inshore sites and some of the stuff in Pensacola Bay as well.

Mat

ShagMan:
So, I wanna know, do you actually lug that thing onsite in your car, and blow it up / assemble it/etc? How long does that take? two-man operation? Where all do you use it? Was it worth it?

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of the sea-eagle ripoff's and put a 5HP motor on it... I REALLY want to get to Cypress springs sometime.

SuPrBuGmAn:
It makes it up creek to Cypress with ease and it allows me to laugh at the rowers, and the uber slow motor boats(PHD's boat for instance). :rofl3: Mat

uh huh. like saying you were proud you beat up tha third grader...... last week.

for everyone else... I was in a 12' aluminum boat. We had two people, and enough gear for two dives. All propelled by a trolling motor, and two car batteries (one for backup if the other died).

hmmm, yeah, so I was beat by a..... what is that? 15 hp?

9.8hp :wink:

You were also beat by SeaYoda paddling a canoe solo, and ClayJar with an overloaded inflatable kayak.

Just wait till I finish with Gollum. !7.5 ft Sea Chaser with 90 hp Yamaha. I am in the process of setting her up for diving. Got places for 6 tanks and gear. Just gotta figure out the best way to get folks back in the boat. She has a small transom so I am not sure about putting on a swim platform. Might have to go with one of the removeable ladders by Garelick.
Planning on using her for close trips out of Perdido Pass with a good eye on the weather. Already have the crew lined up to be the boat watch while diving. Let me know if anyone wants to go.

Port Tack:
Just wait till I finish with Gollum. !7.5 ft Sea Chaser with 90 hp Yamaha. I am in the process of setting her up for diving. Got places for 6 tanks and gear. Just gotta figure out the best way to get folks back in the boat. She has a small transom so I am not sure about putting on a swim platform. Might have to go with one of the removeable ladders by Garelick.
Planning on using her for close trips out of Perdido Pass with a good eye on the weather. Already have the crew lined up to be the boat watch while diving. Let me know if anyone wants to go.

I don't see it being well suited to Cypress.....

Right now, probably make it without any problems - water levels are up :)

Back
Top Bottom