April Roll-Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myself and another dive buddy staying at Quinta Suites. March 31 - April 7 with 3Ps.
May I ask how you enjoyed your stay at Quinta Suites? It looks to have the potential to be a huge party place. Just curious. Thank you!!

We were hoping to dive yesterday and today, but have been taking the opportunity to see the island since it is our first trip here. Renting a car today to see the San Gervasio Archeological site and the east/south sides of the island.

Hopefully tomorrow we dive. We’ve already signed up for some extra afternoon/night dives to make up for the lost days.
Well, that did not end well. We rented the car and saw San Gervasio and had lunch on the beach on the east side of the island, but were then t-boned by a reckless airport shuttle and I’ve been in the hospital ever since. 3 weeks in the ICU at Costa Mesa in Cozumel and then air evac’d back to Seattle where I have been In the trauma center since. Luckily my wife and I both are on a path to recovery.

Aldora Divers was amazing in the support they offered us as my wife had to take care of logistics from Cozumel while I was in the ICU. Definitely recommend them. A huge shout out to the Seattle dive community for the support you have provided as well.

Praying you have a full and swift recovery!

Wow! I’m glad you are on way to recovery. That sounds like a horrible experience. Cozumel will be there another day.
Thankfully this was the first trip ever that I bought travel insurance for (because of the risk of cancellation due to Covid), so most of the expenses will be covered. DAN travel policy really paid off.

Thankfully this was the first trip ever that I bought travel insurance for (because of the risk of cancellation due to Covid), so most of the expenses will be covered. DAN travel policy really paid off.
I've long suggested that the most important reason for trip insurance is medical coverage. Many can afford the risks of cancellation and save money not insuring that risk, but medical incidents can happen as you have experienced

Back
Top Bottom