April Meet and Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Won't be able to make it either. Also on my way to Key Largo for the weekend!

jridg, who are you diving with?

Working - you know - that annoying thing that keeps interrupting fun......

That's why I am going next weekend - don't have to work :D

Won't be able to make it either. Also on my way to Key Largo for the weekend!

jridg, who are you diving with?

You guys going on a trip together or is this just coincidence?

Going out with Scuba-do

I arrive the 17th and dive the 18th and 19th.

That boat has some BAD luck! I hear more divers have died on it than any other in the area. (That is the boat that took four tech divers to the grove early last year. Only one made it back.)
Hope you arent superstitous!

Be SAFE!

That boat has some BAD luck! I hear more divers have died on it than any other in the area. (That is the boat that took four tech divers to the grove early last year. Only one made it back.)
Hope you arent superstitous!

Be SAFE!

:confused: The boat wasn't diving for those fellas. It was they that made the choices they did.

You are right, it is the diver's responsibility to get back to the boat.
I didnt say it was the boat or operator's fault,.. just there is some bad luck there.

There is no bad luck there. The divers were idiots!!!!! From what I was told when it happened none of them were wreck certified and all of them pushed the limits with recreational gear. Now maybe the boat should have stopped them from diving that plan but that requires the operator to know that plan. I don't know about you but I have seen more than one occasion where a diver has told the crew he was doing one thing and then went to do another. Now if it were a tech dive then again maybe the boat would hold some responsibility but that dive is done by recreational divers every day so I don't think you can put any blame on the boat for the divers being dumb asses. There are a lot of people that read this forum because it is very informative and very active so you putting out mis-information like that could do serious harm to their business. Now of you have some personal experience where you have been treated poorly by a charter then you should absolutely put that up here but to even remotely come close to laying blame on an operator that you haven't done business with is just wrong.
Just for the record I have not ever been a customer or affiliated with this dive opration.

there is no bad luck there. The divers were idiots!!!!! From what i was told when it happened none of them were wreck certified and all of them pushed the limits with recreational gear. Now maybe the boat should have stopped them from diving that plan but that requires the operator to know that plan. I don't know about you but i have seen more than one occasion where a diver has told the crew he was doing one thing and then went to do another. Now if it were a tech dive then again maybe the boat would hold some responsibility but that dive is done by recreational divers every day so i don't think you can put any blame on the boat for the divers being dumb asses. There are a lot of people that read this forum because it is very informative and very active so you putting out mis-information like that could do serious harm to their business. Now of you have some personal experience where you have been treated poorly by a charter then you should absolutely put that up here but to even remotely come close to laying blame on an operator that you haven't done business with is just wrong.
Just for the record i have not ever been a customer or affiliated with this dive opration.

you should try reading comprenshion.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
you should try reading comprenshion.

I don't think my reading comprehention is the problem. I think its the blanket judgement you passed on a charter that had the misfortune of having some idiots as customers.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom