April 17-18 Lake Travis/Mansfield Dam Park Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a little off the subject but.... Is there something wrong with Windy Point other than the cost? I will be doing my AOW dives there in two weeks and went to check it out last week. Seemed nice enough. What did I miss?

I don't think Windy Point's too bad per say.

Just that our club does a lot of dives each semester that add up.

The big one just the fact that we'll be camping, and when you combine the $15/day plus $15 per night per person to camp, well that's $50 right off the bat before you even do any diving.

My other beef with them is that they have fed the fish so much there that any group of divers is met with practically a cloud of fish. Last time I was helping do advanced OW classes there the students couldn't even read my slate because there was so many fish between them and it.

Not a good learning environment above 30 feet IMO.

Hmmm....let's see....Mansfield Dam is at Lake Travis, which is in Travis County, which is also where the University of Texas is located.....could this be a conspiracy against the Texas A&M Scuba Club??

:rofl:

ScubaTexan:
Hmmm....let's see....Mansfield Dam is at Lake Travis, which is in Travis County, which is also where the University of Texas is located.....could this be a conspiracy against the Texas A&M Scuba Club??

:rofl:

Hey - wait a minute .... don't blame the Longhorns ...it was the aggie that forgot to book the camping ..... :wink: There must be an aggie joke in there somewhere .... :wink: :wink:

We should designate one of our cattle ponds "Lake Aggie" and then when all the UT folks come flocking to pee in it, direct them to the wrong cattle pond. Yeah, they'll never know the difference, ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom