Appropriate thermal protection for Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the new depression in the Gulf expected to become a hurricane and hit Galveston I imagine the trip will be canceled. At least I know I am not going.

lackingcreativity:
Same here.

If the boat is canceled then no they don't charge you anything. I have no doubt that with a TS or Hurricaine in the Gulf they will cancel the trip. I don't know if you personally cancel the trip.

I can't find anyone who is saying where this one is going. All I am hearing is that it will cross the Yucatan tonight and be in the Gulf Monday.

If the boat goes out, you can bet that it will be safe to do so. The safety of the divers is more important to them than putting a buck in their pocket.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I can't find anyone who is saying where this one is going. All I am hearing is that it will cross the Yucatan tonight and be in the Gulf Monday.

If the boat goes out, you can bet that it will be safe to do so. The safety of the divers is more important to them than putting a buck in their pocket.

TwoBit

Thanks for the reassurance. I just dont' want to get out there and then discover that there are 5-8ft waves and I can barly stand up without falling.

I will be out there July 7-8 on the Fling. I always wear a full 3mm only because of the abundance of fire coral.

BTW, the July 4-6 trip was cancelled due to high seas. The FG NOAA buoy shows 3.6 ft seas but I guess the storm is just too close. I am crossing my fingers for the July 7-8 trip, but it looks doubtful.

My wife and I were on the Sea Searcher this past weekend. I didn't wear a wetsuit (wish I wouldn't have sold my large suit, married life has added a couple of pounds back) and she dove with and without a 3 mil suit. There were a couple of chilly spots but a 3 mil shorty or suit would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom