Appropriate Bag for Drysuit/Wing/BP/Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petpetpet

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey internet dive people,

I live in the UK (London) and tend to dive in the UK. I do not own a car. Travelling to dives therefore amounts to using public transit to meet whoever is kind enough to give me a ride.

Would like to know if anyone in a similar situation has a bag that:
- Is not *too* annoying to lug around transit.
- Can safely hold a trilaminate drysuit without risking the zip being crushed.
- Rock boots.
- An undersuit of some sort.
- Can also hold a ss backplate + 30lb wing.
- Fins (sb jetfins)
- Mask, and other little bits.
- Space for regs when I buy some.

I realise that just about any big bag will fit that stuff. The key things I want are something that is sized in a manner that won't make me a menace to public transport (ie: a man-sized duffel bag), while still being able to hold everything safely. Your personal experiences would be valued.

NB: The following look like they might fit the bill - obviously open to suggestions:

- Mares Cruise Backpack Pro looks okay.
As does

- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cressi-Moby-Diving-Bag-Black/dp/B001PB6R4Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504649511&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Cressi+Moby+5+Bag+W/Wheels

What do you think?

Last edited:
A friend of mine suggested picking up one of these for my dive gear:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ortlieb-Du...383&sr=1-1&keywords=ortlieb+duffel&th=1&psc=1

It's supposed to be watertight and to hold up well. It can also be converted into a backpack. He said he had no issues with it until he checked it on a flight and it got a couple of punctures in it. He plans to patch it. If you are taking a bus, you shouldn't have a problem, especially if you ask anyone handling it to use care. Overall, he said it was very good material and more spacious than this one because it's not a roll up:
Apeks Dry75 Twin Core Dry Bag

I also had a friend who used Apeks bag. He liked it, but I do remember when he had a bp/w & a jacket BC, the Jacket BC had to be wrapped around because it didn't fit inside with his other gear.

If anyone else has used an Ortlieb duffel, I'd love more feedback.

I picked up this bag in x large for the same reason. holds all of my gear, just need to roll the drysuit tighter so it takes up less space. I havent subjected the bag to any airlines though, just car trips

Cabela's Ripcord Duffels : Cabela's

I really like the XS Scuba drysuit bag. I use it just for my suit though, and carry a separate bag for normal scuba gear. I tried numerous drysuit bags before finding this one. It has a compartment for wet stuff, and also a compartment for your thermals. It keeps them separate. The Stahlsac steel line also has a dry and a wet side that might work well for all of your gear...

B

Rolling seems like it would be easiest. Not much point in carrying something you can roll I suppose.

Try looking into a Dive Caddy.
Even though it can’t be rolled it’s definitely compact and fits just about everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom