Looking for reliable, well built and sturdy travel bag with wheels...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider a used rolling ice hockey bag, tough, cheap and should be plenty of them if your part of Kansas has lots of kid hockey teams. I own about five for my family since we are a hockey house.

Well, the first picture that comes up is of a pink bag, but the only one available in the order drop-down is black. I'm guessing this is the case because Eagle Creek no longer makes them, and because this particular seller specializes in closeout stock, per its website.​
But the price is certainly right, compared to other bags of similar quality. I may take a chance. Thanks again.​
Did you end up buying one from that company greatofferstock?
What was the service like?

I use hardshell Samsonite F'Lite GT suitcases.. It's a gasketed lip and three locking clamp clasps.

Same. But of late I am beginning to get paranoid about the 3-digit combination lock. I am looking for an alternative with at least a 4-digit lock and additional locks on the side edges…

I recently bought a Pelican AIR 1535, since it's supposed to be carry-on size.
Unfortunately, I found many airlines in Europe have non-IATA conforming luggage restrictions, and the 1535 is usually a couple of millimeters too large in one or more dimensions, which sucks.

The case itself is terrific, and you can get TSA locking latches at Pelican Air TSA Locking Latches, Black, Push-Button (Set of 2 with Keys).

If you're looking for large size check-in cases, the Pelican AIR 1615 and 1626 are the largest cases that fall within the IATA size restrictions. Again, in Europe, there are airlines that won't accept these, so check with your preferred airline before purchasing one. The 1615 is available in multiple colors and with multiple interior options. The 1626 is only available in black and without any interior options. The 1626 does have a little more interior volume than the 1615.

I carry my gear in pelican air boxes they work great!
I have used those for years as suitcases. Now that I am diving, the checked luggage size carries clothes and dive gear. It is orange, battered, covered with random non-diving stickers and ugly as sin. It is easy to spot across a room. So far so good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom