Apollo Biofins or get a hardbottom booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wochomi

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hope you guys can help me here. I've got small feet (7) for a guy my size and I'm using a 3mm hi-cut booties with Mares Quatro. Problem is that my feet are always swimming inside my fins when I kick. This is really taxing on my ankles.

I was thinking of Apollo Bio-fin (since I'm not a strong kicker). Is the biofin pocket too big?

Or should I go for a thicker booties?

I used to own a pair of Bio fins. I reasoned that my legs were not strong enough and I needed split fins.

Seriously, TRY a pair of SP Jetfins! I now own those and HATE trying to dive with anything else!

It is amazing to me that the 1960's design has not changed in 40+ years BUT they got it right and it is hard to beat!

If you wear good booties, you should be able to find a pair that fits correctly.

whatever fin you wear, boot fit is important, so I'd get some boots that fit you and your fins well.

I own the Bio Fin XTs (with spring straps) and wear size 10 molded sole Oceanic boots. I had to buy the largest size fin, the LL. That being said you should try on a pair with your booties.

Another vote for the jet fins.

I love hard-sole booties. Definitely cheaper than a new pair of fins. If you are happy with the fins you have, just get some new booties and be happy.

If you're looking at new fins, the Apollo Bio-Fins are definitely among the best split fins (Tusa's are good budget alternative), and ScubaPro Jetfins are the best paddle fins, although there are a number of people who are really happy with the Mares Plana Avanti Quattro as an alternative.

Thankx, ppl. Going to shop for some hard-sole booties this weekend.
Was having a HARD time while walking along the 'stone beach' of Tulamben (Bali).
Good thing the porter ladies were carrying my gears on their heads.

Back
Top Bottom