Need snorkeling fins for super wide feet - 11.5cm wide.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm currently in a small European country without the greatest selection of fins (mostly Cressi and Mares).

I normally have my Omer Stingray and Tilos Getaway Fins but don't have them on me now. I need to wear neoprene socks for rocky shores.

Ideally I would like an actual bootie / surf moc with a thicker sole and paired with both a freediving fin and travel fin.

I have feet that are 11.5cm wide. The XL in Cressi and Mares all seem to top out at 10.5cm wide and then my feet are just pressing against the hard ridges of the fin and giving me cramps while finning.

I've tried the Cressi Palau Long Adjustable Fin (recommended for wide feet) and the XL was giving me cramps after 5 minutes with neoprene socks. The Short Adjustable version probably has the same foot pocket.

I made a spreadsheet of the fins I've tried so far:

Honestly, why do you need fins at all?

C'mon, you had to know that was coming.

I would say tec oriented fins designed to be worn with boots might be your best bet. Not great for snorkeling but if you lean to the side, they should work just fine.

I have a similar foot width and a high instep. I use Apollo Bio XL split fins and Mares x-stream fins with 3 and 5 mm medium/thick sole dive boots for scuba and snorkeling. Both work very well for me, and are very comfortable. The Apollos are much heavier, and negatively buoyant, so be careful not to drop them in water that is deeper than you can dive to retrieve. The Mares x-stream are positively buoyant, which makes them a little less efficient when snorkeling than the Apollo Bios, in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom