Apollo bio pro-c fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bajau

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I wear Tusa hard sole boots size 5 (about normal women shoe size 7.5). My toes cramped when I dove with the boots and my brand new apollo bio pro-C fins Size S within 15 mins yesterday. I'm wondering if it's because the foot pocket doesn't fit me or I just need a pair of longer spring straps?

My boots were all the way touching the front part of the foot pocket and stick out about 1.5" at rear. The front part of my feet felt squeezed from sides. I didn't get any cramps after I continued the dive with a pair of fins that had bigger foot pockets and longer spring straps.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Well it looks like the answer to your question is in your question. I had to get fins with larger foot pockets when I went to a dry suit. Looks like you have to do the same with the new boots. Thats one reason many drysuit diver use Jet fins. There are other reasons, but pocket size is one. Im sure there are fins out there that will accomodate your boots. Take you boots to you local dive shop and try on different fins with you boots. Fins should be snug, but not so that you have to cram your foot in. Or you could change to boots that fit you fins.

Thanks, ereediver.

Is the foot pocket fitting normal as for apollo?

“boots were all the way touching the front part of the foot pocket and stick out about 1.5" at rear” “felt squeezed a little bit from sides”

If it is about right, I'm thinking maybe I just need to switch to longer spring straps?

And, does anyone know Apollo foot pocket differences between S and M?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom