Apex-Zeagle need facts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always used Apeks regs, staring with the T50 and a manta on my octopuss and now the TX100 and TX40 octopuss. I have never had any problems even when diving in water at 3 degress Celcius.

I have noticed a few divers saying that they would not use a swivel on their regulator. Why is that? I use an Atomic B-1 with a swivel and find it to be just great! I've also seen some comments about turning the swivel upide down when hooking on the tank. No reason given either...any comments?:bounce:

cokeman,

What type of info are you looking for? Performance data? pros/cons? It would be very helpful if we knew some specifics that your looking for. If it is performance data you are looking for then you need to be talking to rainreg. He had ALL the data on those regs and can tell you all the facts on these regs with out looking at the papers, as he wrote most of them for the navy.

I can tell you from personal experience that these are some outstanding regulators you mentioned and I wouldnt' turn any of them down.

Ed

I have the Zeagle 50D. I enjoy diving with it and have never had any life threatening events. Cold (32), river with high sediment, beyond 130' depths, salt and about any kind of crappy swamp water in the state of Idaho-no problem.
Minor irritating thing, the Zeagle allows vaporized water (sometimes it feels like more than vapor) in when my body position is inverted and/or rolling.
Zeagle has excellent warranties as long as you adhere to the maintenance schedule and have work done by a certified tech.
I did have to get Seacure mouthpieces for it to make the dives tolerable. Zeagle is a very, very tight size II.
Find a LDS that will let you demo dive the regs before you purchase and treat them like a rental car!

Hope this helps,
Dave

I just made a deal with my bud who sells Apeks cheap. I'll be trading my TX100 (which I bought from him a couple months ago) for a new ATX50/DS4 with a 5' hose (somewhere in the neighborhood of $245 or so). Though he doesn't do trades very often, he wanted a TX100, so I made out OK.
For those who care, the ATX50 second stage is identical (ie. uses exact same rebuild parts) to the ATX200 second stage, and so is their respective octos (identical to the primaries). The same can be said about the TX50 and TX100 seconds (identical to each other). I saved about $60 by buying an ATX50 octo (which simply needs to be tuned up a bit) instead of a primary ATX50. I'll pick up a black faceplate when they become available for $10-$15.

So, there's some more info regarding Apeks regs.

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
I just made a deal with my bud who sells Apeks cheap. I'll be trading my TX100 (which I bought from him a couple months ago) for a new ATX50/DS4 with a 5' hose (somewhere in the neighborhood of $245 or so). Though he doesn't do trades very often, he wanted a TX100, so I made out OK.
For those who care, the ATX50 second stage is identical (ie. uses exact same rebuild parts) to the ATX200 second stage, and so is their respective octos (identical to the primaries). The same can be said about the TX50 and TX100 seconds (identical to each other). I saved about $60 by buying an ATX50 octo (which simply needs to be tuned up a bit) instead of a primary ATX50. I'll pick up a black faceplate when they become available for $10-$15.

So, there's some more info regarding Apeks regs.

Mike
There is one minor difference in the ATX50 from the ATX200 and TX50 from the TX100. The difference is the adjustable knob on the second stage. If you look closely the knobs are different. The knobs on the TX100 and ATX200 are a little more robust or "cooler" looking but other than that I don't see a difference.

Yeah, right. Internally they are basically the same (TX100=TX50 and ATX50=ATX200 second).

Mike

Hello,

The differences are small indeed and yes a difference exist between the 50, 100 and 200. If anyone wants I can look up the difference in the repair manuals.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom