apex 50-100 0r 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

attchoum

Registered
Reaction score
hi

is there any big différence betewn thos reg? is it a good idea to put some more money to get a 200 or a 50 will do the job?

thx
etienne

Do your research there are TONS of post on this board already regarding this subject. But in terms of which reg to choose get the 50 you can get it available with or without the Turret the turret makes routing for singles much nicer :D

Obviously you had unanswered questions that motivated you to post. I don't see the point of that kind of reply but maybe this will help a little more...

The 50 is a good reg that will breathe well and as mentioned will also accomodate hose routing well.
The 100 is even better with angled ports that will route well and the air has less turns in the first stage so it breathes a little easier. Some notice some don't
The 200 is an improvement on the 100 with the moving parts closer to the air inlet. Again it will breathe slightly better but you may not notice it.

I don't think that many people are disappointed with the money they spend on Apeks regs. You will enjoy its performance, warranty and ruggedness...

I have the same DST (swivel turret) first stage with two HP ports that comes with the stock ATX50, theoretically it allows you to mount it either side up for a single tank. But the only way that works for me is with the env seal down (turret on the bottom), which is then basically the same as the DS4 with the HP port on the left, regulator hoses on the right. All things considered I find the swivel turret overrated IRL because the hoses tend to move around when I'm suiting up. Personally I wish I'd just gotten the DS4. That's just my experience, YMMV.

My guess is that the FSR first stage on the ATX200 with the env seal up should route really nicely for a single tank, but I don't have any actual experience with it to back it up other than drooling on the glass case at my LDS over a black pearl.

I tried them all and bought the ATX 50 because I didn't think there was a
significant difference for the price. :D

attchoum:
hi

is there any big différence betewn thos reg? is it a good idea to put some more money to get a 200 or a 50 will do the job?
etienne

I was told that they all use the same rebuild kit. The internal parts are the same in all three regs. So you might guess that they all perform about the same. Hose routing is different and I know one diver that said he didn't mind paying extra for the routing he liked.

I own the DX50. the first stange has the turet. I think the turet does no harm but I doubt it helps much. The dx50 beathes effortlessly but I've only been to 115 feet with it. The differences between regs (I'm told) don't show up till you go much deeper ad I'm not likely to do that.

I have both the Apeks 100 and 200 models, purchased this year for spouse and myself. The difference in breathing, I find, is negligable at depths to 90 feet. The 200 1st stage feels more comfortable for my spouse, seems to be lighter. Both were great deals, Reg-1st-2nd set @ Scubastore.com from Spain. If you know a dive instructor, better deals can be had thru them from manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom