Apeks XTX50 vs Others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a buddy who recently certifed and is narrowing down gears. He mentioned XTX50. Found very few reviews.

How does this compare to Scubapro MK25/S600 or Atomic M1 or Aqualung Legend or Zeagle FlatHead.

Looking for performance comparison at depth. 120' to 160' depth.

It will be as good as any of the regs you mentioned....as will the unsealed XTX20.
Actually the XTX refers to the 2nd stage.
The XTX50 is most commonly pared with the DST 1st stage and the XTX20 with the US4.

You can't go wrong with the APEKS XTX50. It is the reg of choice among many divers and is great in the harshest of conditions.

I love apeks just make sure to maintain the free parts- that first stage kit is $45 alone

Atomic and SP25 are piston regs, the rest are diaphragms. I dove all except Atomics and have not noticed any differences down to 100ft.

Imho zeagle has better first stage design than apeks as they use conical seat and that seat lasts forever.

although subjective reviews are good indications (thanks),

any objective reviews or links?

Scubadving magazine did an artical called "Muscle Regs" a while ago do a search and you should be able to find it, if not drop me a line.

subjective, been using Apeks FSR/XTX 50s for years and have found no reason to swap them, reliable and breath great.

(I would trust subjective reviews more than "advertising" but if its actual figures you want, assuming those numbers would mean something to you, Apeks site lists all specs).

Look into HOG gear...I was a fan of Apeks [XTX50 w/DS4's and DST's ]......Used them for all environments, deep, cave, rec. etc....But I do my own servicing [have NO faith/trust in LDS's ]....and Apeks/Aqualung would not sell parts to divers....Borrowed a friend's HOG set-up and never looked back.......Better quality, readily available parts and a whole lot less expensive....Been diving HOG for a couple years now [regularly] and couldn't be more satisfied.......

Look into HOG gear...I was a fan of Apeks [XTX50 w/DS4's and DST's ]......Used them for all environments, deep, cave, rec. etc....But I do my own servicing [have NO faith/trust in LDS's ]....and Apeks/Aqualung would not sell parts to divers....Borrowed a friend's HOG set-up and never looked back.......Better quality, readily available parts and a whole lot less expensive....Been diving HOG for a couple years now [regularly] and couldn't be more satisfied.......

Not trying to stir just curious, in what way are they "better quality"? Cheers.

PS maybe it's different where you are but I've never had any problems getting Apeks service kits. But I hear you re being readily available.

Back
Top Bottom