Apeks XTX50 vs Others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If used is an option and you want an easy breathing reg I would look at SP D series 2nd stage. It breathes better than any of the regs mentioned above. You can pair it up with any 1st of your liking.

SouthEast Florida - Warm Tropical Waters.
Spearing at deep depth which makes smooth easy breathing a priority. So definitely Ferrari.

Thanks for that real experience comparison.

I have XTX 200s as a single set but hardly use them. Great regs - only cosmetic differences from XTX50s. My wife's Aqualung legend breathes better though... but I have no idea why. I have a couple of Tec3 regs that I really like. I use DS4/XTX50s for stage regs. I've used ScubaPro regs... can't say they are bad, just that they breathe differently. I prefer the Apeks line, although that may be just because I started with them so they feel the best to me.

The horse's mouth states. XTX and ATX are the same working internals. XTX is switchable for either right hand setup or left hand setup for tech setup.

-----

regarding all the regulator in this thread.

according to mother of all regulator objective review.
Scubapro MK25/S600 or Atomic M1 or Aqualung Legend = 5555 198'+ certified.
Zeagle FlatHead = 5445 198'+ certified
ATX50 (XTX50) = 5444 198'+ certified

according to mother of all regulator subjective review.
Scubapro MK25/S600 = 4.8
Atomic M1 or Aqualung Legend = 4.2
Zeagle FlatHead = 4.4
ATX50 (XTX50) = 3.5

Ah, yes... I don't know that I would necessarily consider today's Scuba Diving magazine to be the bastion of objectivity, but I do remember that review and they did seem to really try to evaluate regulator performance scientifically.

Ah, yes... I don't know that I would necessarily consider today's Scuba Diving magazine to be the bastion of objectivity, but I do remember that review and they did seem to really try to evaluate regulator performance scientifically.

machine do not lie. human do. in a softer tone. machine tell as is. humans sugar coat.

only way such test could be innaccurate is becuase the human running the test choose not to report accurate data.

what is most surprising about this article is that regulator has not change much in the last 10 years.

That maybe true but an ANSTI machine can pick up differences that a human could never detect. Ill go for human reviews to a point over a machine YMMV. Depending on what article you read results even when both supposedly used an ANSTI machine can vary and do. One article gave Apeks a 17 whilst another gave it a 20, go figure.

did you decide on a reg?

Spearing at deep depth which makes smooth easy breathing a priority. So definitely Ferrari.

Thanks for that real experience

Thanks for that real experience comparison.
This is an excellent perspective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom