APEKS XTX 100 vs. XTX 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

capt. dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So my LDS has put together a really great package including the XTX 100. I was looking at the XTX 200 and except for some minor cosmetic differences, I can not tell the difference. I have always purchased the "higher" model of (boating) equipment, but wondering in the world of scuba, is there such a difference between a 100 and 200 model for Apeks or any other brand whether it be regs, octos and the like. I would also like to spend (invest sounds better) more now than later in terms of upgrading equipment. Would you/do spend extra for the higher model? Is it worth it? Thanks to evryone who responds in advance.:coffee:

I looked into the difference when I was buying my Apeks regs and all I could see (apart from the cosmetic difference) was the crown in the FSR 1st stage (which is paired with the XTX200 2nds) is replaceable unlike in the FST 1Sts........

I would like to comment on the quality of the XTX200. After having used many other different brands and price ranges (Mares, Cressi, Oceanic, Sherwood, etc.), I find the XTX to be a dream. It has been an absolute pleasure to dive with deep or shallow.

The price is higher than some, but the quality is worth every penny.

Just my opinion.

So my LDS has put together a really great package including the XTX 100. I was looking at the XTX 200 and except for some minor cosmetic differences, I can not tell the difference. I have always purchased the "higher" model of (boating) equipment, but wondering in the world of scuba, is there such a difference between a 100 and 200 model for Apeks or any other brand whether it be regs, octos and the like. I would also like to spend (invest sounds better) more now than later in terms of upgrading equipment. Would you/do spend extra for the higher model? Is it worth it? Thanks to evryone who responds in advance.
coffee.gif

The 200 is marginally lighter & smaller than the 100.

The 200 has a replaceable ARCAP seat.

When mounted as per manufacturers intentions the 200 has the pressure transmission diaphragm facing up. On the 100 it faces down. (The internals are actually reversed). I mount my 200's upside down.

The 200 & 100 have almost identical hose routing. This is of little concern to most, but important to some if mounting them on doubles.

The performance variation between the 2 is so small I'd need a machine to tell me there was a difference.

In fact if I had it all to do over, I'd get 50's for everything & save a bundle of $'s with no loss of function or usability.

Last edited:
I am just curious why this is under computers.

The XTX100 has remarkable hose routing for singles or doubles, almost as if it was actually designed that way (instead of being an afterthought). :eyebrow: Esp. for a single tank rig, I don't think you could find a lower profile first stage than the FST on the XTX100.

Oh, and it breathes like a dream. :D

I have the XTX 200 Status, and I'll tell you as far as the status goes, that it's almost worth nothing. It's kind of convenient, but at the same time not really. I've never used the XTX100, but as people have mentioned already, I've heard that it's almost identical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom