APEKS TX or ATX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to this site to see both regs side by side. Good pictures.

http://deepsouthdivers.org/apeks.html

I am assuming we are talking just second stage here. I have both seconds stages. They both breath very well. I like the ATX better because it is smaller and lighter. I rarely notice any bubble interference, though in some positions, any reg will give you some intereference. IMHO it is just personal choice. You can't go wrong with either.

LJ

Hey - that's an excellent comparison! Thank you ever so much :)

I've used an ATX for a couple of years and bubble interfernece has never been issue for me

ljINfla:
So, how was Miami? Did you get the ATX200?

well, Miami was crap.... Rita cuased some seriously bad conditions, and all diving was cancelled so I took the flight home a day earlier instead! (suppose good to see my lovely gf a day before... but still! *lol*)

and no, didn't get the gear yet! trying to get some holiday in before end year (got almost 4 weeks left!!), and i think then i'll celebrate by buying the gear. getting it now, without any diving planned, would just be painful....

I have recently purchased both a ATX 200 and 100, both with ATX 40 Octo. They were purchased from Scuba Inn, AKA Scuba.Store in Spain, and I have arranged for warranty service in the UK, with no problem. Purchase prices have jumped lately on purchase, but they are great regs. John

I have a TX100 as my primary and an ATX 200 as my bungeed back-up. They breathe the same, but the TX100 really is nicer due to the exhaust tee/bubble dispersal. It would be a little large to bungee. The ATX 200 works better for that since it is much smaller.

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom