APEKS TX or ATX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoufr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have looked for the answer to this here, but not found any - so I'll ask:

Recently I got into a conversation with this chap in Indonesia about regulators who advise me "get the APEKS TX50 - but don't get the ATX50"...

From the APEKS sales pitch, the difference seems to be that the ATX is slightly smaller?

Is there any real difference? Should I get a TX rather than an ATX (both are sold here..)?

Thanks for advice,
R

I've read that some people prefer the TX50 since, because of its size, their vision is less obscured by bubbles.

Laurens
(an ATX50 user)

El Orans is refering to the exhaust tee on the TX series. It's a fair bit larger than the ATX series. Also the ATX series came out AFTER USD bought out Apeks, take that as you will.

Bruce
(TX50 user and abuser)

The TX is larger (maybe a downside, esp. if you see one next to a Micra) than the ATX. The TS exhaust tee is also larger (wider, actually) vs the ATX which is almost nonexistent. So the bubbles on a TX are less likely to obscure your vision vs. the ATX. OTOH, the better your trim is, the less important the bubble dispersion is.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd have a TX for my primary and an ATX for my bungeed backup.

Jeff, if you don't need the whole "free parts for life with paid annual service" thing, check Salvo Diving (Fla), Simply Scuba (UK) or Dive Inn (Spain). Bob here occasionally has a few. If you want the parts/warranty you'll have to bite the bullet and pay retail less 10% from your LDS.

I am interested in this "free parts for life"... Do you mean to say that if I buy from the internet, I will not have a full warranty?
I thought that some internet traders were 'authorised'?
Does this make a difference - pls advise

thanks!

Sorry, not sure how it works in the UK.

In the US, you pay to have it serviced annually and the dealer provides the parts at no additional cost, but only if you bought from an authorized Aqualung/Apeks dealer (no gray market products, no internet sales, no overseas sales). Aqualung has a pretty tight leash on their dealers in the US. (Bastages.)

God - there's so much knowledge out there!

Here's another one then -some sites advertise different 1st stages for the TX50 depending on use for air or nitrox? Does this mean that one cannot use the same 1st stage for air as well as nitrox?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom