apeks single tank adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k954triniz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
setting up my new apeks back plate and wing, got everything fitted and now time to attach the backplate, wing and STA together. i have to use the upper holes on the wing so the wing sits a bit lower. but as im bolting everything together im noticing that the sta sits really tight at the top inside of the wing. im using the WTX-D30 wing. is this normal. has anyone else had this issue. do i have i issue. id hate to be putting to much pressure on the wing and cause a failure at depth.
CA072AA0-C113-4BAC-9530-2BBA3181DEEA_1_105_c.jpeg
08A69C70-84B1-4DF9-8D0B-1AC54C98B95B_1_105_c.jpeg

why not just thread the cam bands through the slots? outside of a weighted sta, they really aren't necessary or very useful for the oxycheq style wings

i thought about it also and don't mind doing it that way. so i attempted it and found that the tank slot on the wing and the plate don't line if i use the the top holes of the wing and the plate hole and the harness hole lines up which is the middle of the three hole. id have to use the top hole of the plate. but before i threaded the harness i tried all the holes on the plate with the harnes and it was either the middle or bottom of the three plate holes. sucks being short

why not just thread the cam bands through the slots? outside of a weighted sta, they really aren't necessary or very useful for the oxycheq style wings

so basically what im trying to do at this point with or with out the sta is to get the wing low enough that my head isn't touching the wing when im in trim position. but this is only happening when i lead my head back as i would do in the water. maybe i should try it out in the pool before i attempt to redo the harness

Dive Rite Friction Pad

I used a pair of this and do away with STA.
Assuming there are two slots for the cam band on the wing.

It is annoying/frustrating when the slots on the wing and the plate do not line up.
Wing and plate manufacturers should make the slot a bit longer vertically.

i am considering taking it to work and making those slots a bit longer. thank god i have the tooling to do this.
I have to do that on my Aluminium plate. A quality file and elbow grease.
Wing is not that easy because of the fabric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom