Question Apeks RK3 or Seawing Nova Gorilla?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
JimmyTG6

JimmyTG6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I know you're probably sick of these comparison questions by now, but I seriously need some advice from the pros. I'm upgrading from my mares superchannel floppy bois and need help picking between the two fins mentioned in the title. The main features I need are:

- positive buoyancy (to compensate for heavy feet and/or dropping them)
- high manoeuvrability (back kicks, rotation etc)
- good in current
- good for scissor or frog kicks
- bright and easily visible
- open heel

I won't be doing cave diving or any of that stuff, but lots of science type work in the tropics with transects and line etc.

Would really appreciate some constructive suggestions <3

Those seem like 2 ends of the fin spectrum in their design at least.
Frankly, design is the least of my concerns. I'm not too pressed for space or weight. I do know the rk3's weigh more but the seawings are bigger. As long as the boxes are ticked

The RK3s are very good for frog kicks, back kicks. They are good in current but the Seawings are better, the Seawings also stiffer (the gorilla) hence a bit more tiring. The RK3s are softer then less tiring. They are both heavy. The RK3s are a bit positives but just a bit. I don't remember with the Seawings. I prefer the RK3s because they are shorter and when you are in a wreck, or a cavern you are less prone to touch anything with them...

Go to shop with boots, twist-bend fins and imagine what they would be like in the water on your feet

constructive suggestions

Back
Top Bottom