Apeks regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could do that. Most people with DS4s use this routing. I'm not sure how it would effect transmission of signal but I'm guessing it would work OK?

regs_front_large.jpg

Yup, and that's what I'm going for, except I want to add a transmitter for the time being. Which are the HP ports on the left and right?

there are three ports on the one side and two on the other,
the HP port is the one in the triangle nearest to the DIN thread.
on the left post (the right hand side of the picture) the hose partly covered by the other two is the HP hose.

Hmm, I wonder if a transmitter will fit there without dinging the valve. Although, I suppose the transmitter will go on the right post so my SPG can stay on the left where it belongs. I would just need to twist my right post 1st stage to be a little more vertical to keep the thing from sticking straight up like an antenna, and maybe move what appears to be the wing inflator around to the side opposite the second stage hose. I guess it's really going to depend on the size of that transmitter.

Either transmitter or spg!

I know, but I like AI because I'm a data collection junkie. When I'm in the water I usually only look at the SPG. Later I like to look at the consumption data when I'm analyzing my dive profile and comparing it to my plan.

I have a DS4 on my left post with a SPG and a DST with a Suunto transmitter pointing down on my right. This means the transmitter isn't pointing out waiting to be broken.

To do this with two DS4s would require them both being orientated as per the left post and I think that would block the isolator somewhat.

The DST has an optional 5th lp port which points along the body so avoids the nasty bend in the lp hose going to the opposite side.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a DS4 on my left post with a SPG and a DST with a Suunto transmitter pointing down on my right. This means the transmitter isn't pointing out waiting to be broken.

To do this with two DS4s would require them both being orientated as per the left post and I think that would block the isolator somewhat.

The spg goes to the right post and the transmitter to the left post. You might need to buy a longer HP hose.

The spg goes to the right post and the transmitter to the left post. You might need to buy a longer HP hose.

The configuration I describe is just the typical twinset config with an extra transmitter. Why would I change which side I put my proper SPG? Using two DS4s with the HP from the right post would surely lead to an HP hose pointing up unless the DS4 was rotated?

To be clear I am describing left and right from the point of view of the person wearing the set.

My view is that the AI is just a nice to have and doesn't justify to much messing with an already working setup.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that is exactly what I'm going for.

Anyone have any pictures of their transmitters?

Back
Top Bottom