Apeks regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Young33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,
I'm looking at a couple used regs: the apex atx100 and the tx100. They are within like $10 of each other and have seen light use. I am in NW ohio and am looking for a sealed regulator and have heard great things of apex. Now I've read that there is really not enough difference to really matter between the two. Any one have any input?
thanks!

Apeks makes very good regulators. Note the TX series have one LP 1/2" port and 3 3/8" ports, not sure about the ATX. Have them serviced before diving them.

Well, got a XTX50 and a TX50. Main difference on the XTX50 : you can plug the hose either from left or from right. Both are rigged on their own DS4 first stage. Been cave diving and deep diving them for 3 years now, very satisfied with them. Bit bulky maybe once in the mouth though.

i have a few atx 40s and ds4s. good regs, had them down to about 3 degrees C.

I have used TX, ATX and XTX. I prefer TX because they are more robust.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I'm looking at a couple used regs: the apex atx100 and the tx100. They are within like $10 of each other and have seen light use. I am in NW ohio and am looking for a sealed regulator and have heard great things of apex. Now I've read that there is really not enough difference to really matter between the two.
Apeks regs are very good.- they breathe well, they are solid, stand up to the elements and rough diver use.

Of the two second stages, I prefer the ATX series. The performance of the two is equivalent, the TX series is a bit bigger, and a bit heavier, and that may be a factor in longer dives.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Get them serviced and dive them til either you or them wear out.

Ok, and the tx100 also comes with an inflator hose and for a computer. It was only used about 20 times, mostly in the pool for instruction. It was purchased 6-7 years ago, is that a deal breaker?

Not sure what price ranger you're in, or what kind of diving you do. I just had my xtx200 and xtx40 under the ice in Austria. Handled great with an FSR 1st. Only had one free flow, but it was my fault when I accidentally purged my 40 on the surface while gearing down.

Not sure what price ranger you're in, or what kind of diving you do. I just had my xtx200 and xtx40 under the ice in Austria. Handled great with an FSR 1st. Only had one free flow, but it was my fault when I accidentally purged my 40 on the surface while gearing down.
$230-245 and I dive in cold water here in the quarries(40'sF) and will also be diving the Great Lakes this summer and hopefully will be ice diving next winter.

Back
Top Bottom