Apeks regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the only thing when buying used apeks, is that, the free services part for life does not apply.
you must be the original owner and service them each year to have the free service kits. otherwise, you will have to pay for the parts.

with that in mind, try to lower as much as possible the price you'll get them.

other than that, apeks are great regs. all of mine are from the following combination ATX/XTX 40/50 with DS4 or TEK3 first stage.
I dive from 34F to 80F, salt, fresh, cave, ice, deep, name it.

Longevity wise, the TX-series will outlast the ATX-series. I've seen some issues with the exhaust on the ATX, versus the TX, which uses a more simple, durable, classic rubber exhaust like the older US Divers Conshelf SE2/3 series.

However, internally, both regulators are identical in function and both use an AP0219/AA parts kit.

great, thanks for the replies guys. I'm starting to think that I really can't go wrong either way.

Apeks = Great regs.

I have the Tec3's with a ATX50 as backup. When things go wrong, my backup will become the go-to reg! The 50's is very light, breaths like a dream and is extremly robust. I depend on these babies as my primary cave setup.

Excellent cold water regs. Most folks I see have Apexs, a few have Poseidon regs. The vast majority of diving here is 1C-7C, and in the sea in winter the water can be -2C.

I've never had a freeflow & rarely seen one happpen to anyone else (with the exception of pool hall training where other, cheaper regs were being used). 2 of my 3 sets (DS4, XTX50s & one XTX40) were purchased used; I have no idea how old they are but I'm perfectly happy with them.

Update: I ended up getting an xtx50/Ds4 Din and the egress octo :banana:

Now, just dive them ! :D

On the 29th as long as the ice has melted I will be! Nice an cold!

Lucky you ! No diving for me until next month ! Grrrrrrrrr ! :cussing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom