Apeks Egress Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirForFree:
Was told by Technical Support at AquaLung, and I quote ".....that the ABS Octo and Apeks Egress ARE DEFINATELY NOT THE SAME as far as 2nd stages. The ABS Octo is an unbalanced octo whereas the Apeks Egress is a balanced one."
I made a mistake. when I posted my previous, I was under the impression that the ABS was an upgraded LPO by being balanced). I was wrong. The ABS is the exact same as the LPO and the Egress is the balanced version.

AirForFree:
Quote from AquaLung "Only the AquaLung Legend series Octos (newer Legend Octo and older LX Octo) and the Apeks Egress Octo is balanced and would be compatible with the Titan and Legend 1st Stages."
The only problem is that the titan series is not overbalanced (see http://www.aqualung.com/products/titan_lx.html on the right side) The tian is the same as the old conshelf regs. It is a balanced diaphragm. If you notice they pair the titan with unbalanced second stages too. The legend like you said is overbalanced. This is where you need the lx series seconds or the egress.

So trust your instinct when ya smell a fish.......look to the source.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom