Apeks Egress Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflyprops

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone heard or had any experiences with the Apeks Egress octo. I was looking at replacing my current sherwood brut with something that will actually work when I need it to...lol. I have an atomic z1.

I was always a little leery about those "hockey puck" type 2nd stages.
The AT20 shouldn't be a whole lot more expensive, & it'd at least look like a real reg. :wink:
The ATX50 should be only an extra $40 - $50 more than that, & then you'd have an adjustable 2nd stage.

Good point. I was just curious, even though I'll probobly end up with a 'real octo' when the time comes.

Thanks

The Egress is similar in style the the Aqualung LPO but is a balanced design and crrently it is not yet available ( at least up here in Canada).

I too have not been much of a fan of the hockey puck style octos as most of them breath lousy and wet but some are actually pretty decent.

Ones I have actually tried and can reccomend are the Aqualung LPO and the Oceanic Swivel.(and I think I have tried most of them)

We won't be seeing the Egress or the aqualung balanced couterpart for a while as they were returned to apeks. So I hear

the egress is a pneumatically balanced version of the ABS or LPO designed octo. they are as good as any "real" octo that you can find, and because of the design they are much easier to <hopefully none of us ever will have to> buddy breathe from. unlike traditional octos they can be used upside down or right side up, this allows for being able to hand it off to your buddy and not have to bring them inside your BC with you while surfacing. the other nice thing about the design is the fact that is it postioned with your buddy's ease of use in mind, no more snaking hoses to turn the reg the right way to use.

Alan

The egress is exactly the same as the ABS. They are both balanced and fit for use with overblanced first stages. The LPO is the unbalanced couterpart.

I saw an Egress on the shelf in my LDS last week, I don't know if that means that they're going to be readily available yet, but they are out there. It had a list price of $169.00 on it.

that price sounds about right. I was speaking for Canada. I don't know if they are available in th US or not. Maybe your LDS bought it before it got called back...

Well.....after being a little confused at the posts here claiming the EXACTNESS between Apeks Egress and AquaLung ABS Octo's......

I called AquaLung to find out for certain......

Was told by Technical Support at AquaLung, and I quote ".....that the ABS Octo and Apeks Egress ARE DEFINATELY NOT THE SAME as far as 2nd stages. The ABS Octo is an unbalanced octo whereas the Apeks Egress is a balanced one."

Quote from AquaLung "Only the AquaLung Legend series Octos (newer Legend Octo and older LX Octo) and the Apeks Egress Octo is balanced and would be compatible with the Titan and Legend 1st Stages."

So trust your instinct when ya smell a fish.......look to the source.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom