Apeks DS-4 hose routes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John_B:
Do you guys happen to have pics of the Evolve 40 with the Scubapro regs on that same manifold for comparison?

Should have the pics by tonight.

John_B:
Do you guys happen to have pics of the Evolve 40 with the Scubapro regs on that same manifold for comparison? Isn't this really an issue with the Evolve design vs. first stage routing?

I understood that the hose on the right post will be routed differently on the M25 for the Evolve. Pictures will come..........................

Vie:
Can you put the HP/spg hose in front of the wing? Is it too tight?

In case those still wondering, bringing the HP hose to the front of the wing is possible. Not too tight. In fact, I think it makes more sense. One can choose to have the backup reg. routed into front as well. But I personally feel that bringing only the HP hose to the front makes the routing nicer. I will post a picture comparison when I get my reg reconfigured.

wunat:
In case those still wondering, bringing the HP hose to the front of the wing is possible. Not too tight. In fact, I think it makes more sense. One can choose to have the backup reg. routed into front as well. But I personally feel that bringing only the HP hose to the front makes the routing nicer. I will post a picture comparison when I get my reg reconfigured.
HP hose always goes in front of the wing. Long hose can be routed in front or behind the wing. However, I route it always behind the wing, even with Evolve 60 (with DS4).

John_B:
Do you guys happen to have pics of the Evolve 40 with the Scubapro regs on that same manifold for comparison? Isn't this really an issue with the Evolve design vs. first stage routing?

Sorry we didn't manage to get a picture for now. I will try to see if we can find and post it later.

Due to the design of the Evolve 40, it is recommended for hose (from both the right and left post) to be brought to the front of the wing. I understood that there would be a slight difference on how the right post would be configured between the Explorer and the Evolve. Correct me if I am wrong:

Right post for Explorer:
The swivel of both post will be pointing inward. The inflator hose will be routed from the LP port on the end of the swivel and the long hose from one of the LP port around the swivel. (Please refer the picture attached earlier.)

Right post for Evolve:
The swivel of the right post will be pointing right and downward along the tank. The first stage of both post will look as though they are parallel to each other. The long hose will be routed from the LP port on the end of the swivel of the right post and the inflator hose will be routed via one of the LP port around the swivel.

MonkSeal:
HP hose always goes in front of the wing. Long hose can be routed in front or behind the wing. However, I route it always behind the wing, even with Evolve 60 (with DS4).

That's interesting to know.

With DS4 on a AL80 doubles and a Explorer wing, it will pinch into and thus creates obstructions for the air to shift smooth. (At least that's what I experience tells me.) With DS4s on my AL80 doubles, I will have to rig it behind the wing as you can see how the HP port is pressing onto the tank on one of the pictures I posted earlier. The only way to make it possible is I will need to make the first stage to tilt even more thuse will create more stress for the backup reg. hose.

With the above trial, we were doing it with MK25s.

My friend tried the DS4s with the Evolve 40 today by bring all the hose to the front of the wing. It's possible but the hose is pretty messy on the back of the diver's head. My friend said that dumping air seems to be ok without the problem of the air shift I mentioned with the Explorer wing. But we think that it is probably due to the fact there is a bottom channel for the air to move around with the donut design.

Anyway, just from my experience and perception........................

wunat:
My friend tried the DS4s with the Evolve 40 today by bring all the hose to the front of the wing. It's possible but the hose is pretty messy on the back of the diver's head. My friend said that dumping air seems to be ok without the problem of the air shift I mentioned with the Explorer wing. But we think that it is probably due to the fact there is a bottom channel for the air to move around with the donut design.

Yup. DS4s with Evolve 40 on AL80 double works fine. Hose routing is rather convoluted (definitely needs the backup regulator LP hose to be more than 22" long) so I still prefer FSTs...

Attachments

• DS4Evolve40.jpg
    DS4Evolve40.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DS4Evolve40_RP.jpg
    DS4Evolve40_RP.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DS4Evolve40_LP.jpg
    DS4Evolve40_LP.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 54
Vie:
Yup. DS4s with Evolve 40 on AL80 double works fine. Hose routing is rather convoluted (definitely needs the backup regulator LP hose to be more than 22" long) so I still prefer FSTs...

Yeap, FST is certainly one of the best, if not the best, for Evolve.........................

John_B:

Here is a picture where you can take a look on how they rig Scubapro MK25 with a Evolve wing. This picture is on the 2nd page of the Halcyon catalog where the team are lowering their rig via the hole on the ground to dive in The Shaft, MT. Gambier, Australia.

Hope this give some idea.

Attachments

• Halcyon Catalog.jpg
    Halcyon Catalog.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 56
  • MK25_Evolve.JPG
    MK25_Evolve.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 60
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom