Apeks DS-4 hose routes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachhead:
http://www.apeks.co.uk/images/products/IMG_1222%20300.jpg

TEK3 = GORGEOUS HOSE ROUTING. i hope its not only aesthetics. Does it perform equally the same?

Thanks man.
Inside it's the same reg as the rest of Apeks' lot. Of course there are two problems with it:
1. Price (highly overpriced)
2. Specialized left and right 1st stage

You can also have hoses bent more then you like in case of short-neck-large-diameter tanks.

I haven't used my DS-4s. This means I can return and pay an upcharge of $109 for a set of tek 3 1st stages. If I go for it, tek3s/atx50s will be my future backgas setup.

acceptable move?

If you like the hose routing with the DS4, it may be worth your while to look at the new FST first stage (with four 3/8" ports) that is now shipping with the XTX100. Obviously the DS4s are the most cost efficient choice...

RE: the Tek3, when would a doubles rig need three LP ports on one side of the first stage? Or for that matter, same question for a singles rig? Is it just the option of which two of three ports you would use?

John

DS4s aren't that nice with AL doubles. Especially when using shorter manifolds such as Halcyon. They presses against the upper channel of the wing thus making balancing the rig underwater pretty challenging, especially when I am using a Explorer (horseshoe) wing. I am thinking about switching to FSTs.

I can't say I've ever had an issue with my DS4s and Al80s doubles with my 38lbs Agir wing and a Thermo manifold...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom