Apeks DS-4 hose routes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
I can't say I've ever had an issue with my DS4s and Al80s doubles with my 38lbs Agir wing and a Thermo manifold...

Have you ever experience the air on your right side won't shift to the left side easily even you tilt up a bit? My hose tends to press into the upper channel of the wing thus restricting the air find its way to the left side (after I dump the air via the bottom left dump valve). The only way I can achieve that is to lean right (trying not to mess my trim) and listen for the air to shift left.

wunat:
Have you ever experience the air on your right side won't shift to the left side easily even you tilt up a bit? My hose tends to press into the upper channel of the wing thus restricting the air find its way to the left side (after I dump the air via the bottom left dump valve). The only way I can achieve that is to lean right (trying not to mess my trim) and listen for the air to shift left.
Yes but is it a huge deal? Nope.
Tilt up a few degrees, lean to the right. I've only had to do it a few times if I want to empty everything from my wing...

hosekit_doubles_apeks.jpg
from GUE site

??? and impossible with wing

The tanks in the picture are steel tanks which have longer tank necks. I attached one on AL80s which has shorter tank neck. As you can see, it is impossible for the hoses to point down directly.

Attachments

• DS4 on AL80_Front_resize.JPG
    DS4 on AL80_Front_resize.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 88
  • DS4 on AL80_L.jpg
    DS4 on AL80_L.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 79
You could always remove the hose protectors. :wink:

I purposely have them on as the stress on the hoses is pretty bad. I am using Oceanic ones are they are more shorter and more flexible than others. I had to replace the inflator hose a few times already. The inflator hose is the one realizing more stress than others as it runs in S-shape when rig. (Inflator hose pointing down the 1st stage slight outward and them being route back to run over the upper channel of the wing to connect to the inflator. This is where the wing is being obstructed which restricts the air to flow freely.)

We are going to try a bunch of different regs/wings combo on AL80 doubles (with Halcyon manifold) on Thursday - will post pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom