Apeks DB4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A slow process and by the time the sea water gets inside, time to service. No need for the battery as in "Status".

Here is a video of the db4: Apeks XL4 Regulator

I note that it has three ports on one side (2 lp and 1 hp), and 2 lp ports on the other side. I assume no port on end given documentation indicates only 4 lp ports.

Any thoughts on the db4 hose routing for doubles (perhaps similar to the DS4)? I’m not familiar with either as use the dst but wondering as am setting up a second set of doubles.

It's the exact same layout as a DS4. No end port. I'd guess it's actually the same body as the DS4 save it being in satin. It "might" have a different diaphragm end to accomodate the dry seal bottom O ring, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.

Thanks Buddhasummer. I may pick up a couple of DB4 1st stages. $190us per pair so seems like a good price. Hose routing may not be as good as the DST, without the 5th port (on the DB4), but looks like it is manageable.

Thanks Buddhasummer. I may pick up a couple of DB4 1st stages. $190us per pair so seems like a good price. Hose routing may not be as good as the DST, without the 5th port (on the DB4), but looks like it is manageable.
That's below dealer cost on just the spare parts list which has no MAP. That's an interesting deal.. if new from retailer

Back
Top Bottom