Apeks - Swap DB4 diaphragm clamp setup with DS4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VonTrapp

Registered
Reaction score
Hello community,

Apeks introduced the DB4 with a different diaphragm clamp setup. The only achievement from this seems only to be the introduction of a new environmental end cap which requires a particular tool to open it. Other than that, the mechanics and the parts of this particular section of the 1st stage are pretty much the same as in a DS4 or even FSR/FST.
Did anyone try to convert the DB4 diaphragm clamp setup to the DS4 or any other?

Have you checked out this thread: Apeks DS4 v. Xl4 ??

All the best.
No, I didn't. Thanks.
I believe that thread is about the differences between a DS4 and DB4.

But my question is about another topic:
Did anyone try to convert/replace the DB4 diaphragm clamp setup with the DS4 or any other?

Not tried it. Not sure I would, although might out of curiosity. Why do you want to do this?
Just out of curiosity and the joy of customising it. Since I got a DB4, I think it would look great with an FST/FSR diaphragm clamp, the dark molded logo ring and the satin environmental end cap on top.

While doing research in google, I noticed one image of a DST with a dark logo ring around diaphragm clamp which suggests that a FST/FSR diaphragm clamp is being used there. Never seen these for sale though.

apeksDST.jpg

@buddhasummer ok, nice. I was not aware they did those models "Tungsten" as well. Thanks.
There's a good chance then the diaphragm clamps of the DS4/DST/FSR/FST are all interchangeable.

Back
Top Bottom