Apeks ATX50/ATX40 Combo Price Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot:
The ATX40 can be used as an Octo 2nd stage attached to whatever 1st you are using, or you can use it as a primary with it's own 1st. $130 sounds like just the 2nd stage without a first. The ATX40 doesn't have the adjustments like the ATX50, but is still a great reg. I use two ATX50's, but that is for depth and uniformity.

That i understand, but i'm just wondering. If i go to a site and go to the are to select where i want to go, there are selections for REGs and OCTOs, OCTOs with the same name as regs are about 1/3 the cost. So could it be that the dive shop is trying to sell both ATX50 and ATX40, both with 1st stages?

Divermark2003:
That i understand, but i'm just wondering. If i go to a site and go to the are to select where i want to go, there are selections for REGs and OCTOs, OCTOs with the same name as regs are about 1/3 the cost. So could it be that the dive shop is trying to sell both ATX50 and ATX40, both with 1st stages?

The shop is probably selling a DS4 1st with an ATX50 and ATX40 attached. An online site will sell each component individually or as a set. The ATX50 and ATX40's are 2nd stages only and usually mated up with either the DS4 or DST 1st stages. I don't think the DST(DS4 with a turret) is made anymore, so most people just call the set an ATX50 or ATX40. When referring to them as an octo, it is assumed it is sans 1st stage.

You can still get the DST 1st stage... pretty sure that's the default. DS4 usually has to be special ordered (at least, according to most of the posts I've read here)

That combo was for a DST 1st, which I didn't want anyway.

Going with Scubatoys and the Zeagle VI Flathead ZX. Just as soon as Larry e-mails me back =)

Yippee, I'll finally have scuba gear.

Oh... and my $5 Jury Service check came in the mail today!

I'm so excited... I just don't know what to do!

fairbanksdiver:
That combo was for a DST 1st, which I didn't want anyway.

I use the DS4's for 1st's, but I also own a DST. Good choices. I don't really like the turret all that much, but neither here nor there.

I got a $6.00 check from the court once for showing up as a witness. They had me put down my mileage on the back of the summons and the check showed up a couple of months later. I showed the same exuberance and went straight to the bar for one of them fancy imports!

fairbanksdiver:
Well... guess that settles it.

This guy is good.

Yeah, in a few years the Olsen twins will own half of the world, and Larry will own the other half.

However, if Larry finally figures out how to ship air fills via UPS Ground, he'll own the whole ball of wax.

And just so I'm in Larry's good graces; VIVA SCUBA TOYS!!! VIVA EL PRESIDENTE LARRY!!! RULER OF SCUBA WORLD (formerly Earth).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom