Apeks ATX questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watchoutheyspit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What are your observations/opinions on the Apeks ATX 50 or 100?

Is one necessarily better than the other?

I am considering the purchase of one or the other and would appreciate your feedback.

For the money? I would (and did) stick with the ATx50.

Thanks, I was wondering if there was much difference. I know that the 50 has a turrett and the 100 doesn't.

The ATX50 and ATX100 second stages are identical.

The ATX50 is usually sold with the DST first stage (turret - 2 HP ports, 4 LP ports).

The ATX100 is paired with the FST first stage (no turret/great hose routing - 2 HP ports, 4 LP ports).

Save your money and go for a DS4 (1 HP port, 4 LP ports)/ATX50 (unless you want more than one HP port). The DS4 also does NOT have the Apeks 1/2" port.

have 2 atx50/ds4 and 1 atx 200 w/ fst and can barely tell the difference between the two. if i did it again, would skip the 200 and opt for another atx50/ds4 - excellent regs...

i havent decided as well. im doing doubles soon and i wanted a reg for singles as well as a 2nd reg for doubles. was thinking of two ds4's atx50's but the tech guy here was saying that the when used with alum 80's the regs sit too high in the tank and the hoses are in awkward bending positions especially on the left post.

my concensus Atx 100 1st 2nd stage and atx100 ist stage and atx 40 for backup. the flathead design is proven and the hose routings are the most convenient. so they tell me:)

I've only used the atx50, so I really can't compare, but it breathes great. Got mine for around $360, and the dive shop threw in free service for two years..couldn't beat it.

Back
Top Bottom