Question Anyone diving the Apeks XL4 Ocea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone - anyone out there actually diving the Apeks XL4 Ocea? I'm looking to make my first reg purchase and the Ocea seems well reviewed as an easy breather suitable for travel. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has actually used one.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Hello! So I just brought my Ocea home this evening. I am so excited to try it. It is my first reg and I bought is specifically because of the sustainable practices in how it is made and the positive reviews. I purchased the ocea first and second stage as well as the octo and an aqualung depth/pressure guage. I will be using it for the first time for a weekend in Cozumel in 3 weeks. I will post when I get back and let you know what I think. Of course, I can only compare it to rental gear so hopefully some other divers can post more information for you.

I had the original XL4 set when it came out. I really liked how small and light they were. I parted ways with them because they would free flow quite easily in cold water though. Never had issues in warm waters.

Hello! So I just brought my Ocea home this evening. I am so excited to try it. It is my first reg and I bought is specifically because of the sustainable practices in how it is made and the positive reviews. I purchased the ocea first and second stage as well as the octo and an aqualung depth/pressure guage. I will be using it for the first time for a weekend in Cozumel in 3 weeks. I will post when I get back and let you know what I think. Of course, I can only compare it to rental gear so hopefully some other divers can post more information for you.
Thanks for your reply and congrats on your purchase. Have a fantastic trip! I'll look forward to your insights.

Regards,
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom