Apeks ATX 200 still relevant 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an opportunity to purchase a set of two ATX200 second stages and a din ATX200 first stage for around $400CAD. My diving is mostly local lakes (Alberta), cold water, and I’d like it to eventually include some ice diving.
Are the ATX200s suitable for this and are they still relevant regulators? Also, with the recent AquaLung/Apeks parts issues, will I have issues servicing them in the future?
Thanks

In my city the local aqualung/Apeks dealer says prices have jumped for the Apeks service kits. I have a single Xtx50 FWIW.

there are 3rd party kits even if apeks somehow goes away. parts kits have gone up in price for pretty much every brand, you can blame inflation.

I have an atx200 on my pony, you can buy factory kits cheaper in Germany or aftermarket kits from scuba gasket. A new hose cost more than the kits. I love the regulator, just don’t use it as much since I got an MTX so moved it to pony. $400 seems a bit high, but if they have been serviced and ready to go……..

I still dive the ATX 200 and so does my wife. I suspect they have at least 2000 dives on the clock. If they are properly serviced, they last for ever. The ATX and XTX service kits are the same. Here in the EU, service kits are readily available and yes since Aqualung (and as such Apeks) where bought by a very profit-oriented organisation there has been a shortage of parts, dealers and dive centres have been taken of lucrative deals, top managers (including the excellent ones) have been fired etc. Still Apeks operates independently and is a mayor military (and Fire-services and other rescue organisations) supplier. So, I suspect all will be well in the future.

Still 400 C$ seems not cheap unless it looks immaculate, it has a full-service history and has been serviced before the sale by a authorised person and there is paperwork. FYI, a new XTX200/40 will sell in the EU for about 1000 C$.

Buy kits from the other side of the pond, e.g., Scuba Gaskets.

If you're not sure about Apeks, look into Deep6 or DiveRite regs. Great options easily available and serviceable in NA market.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom