AP Gas connector system: any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all

I'm looking for a way to plug my bailout stage into my BOV and I'm wondering about the AP GCS GCS101A - Complete Kit

I see it says it doesn't meet the EN250 standard below 40m: is this a serious concern if I'm doing dives to around 50-60m? It's half the price of a set of QC-6 connectors from narked which would be the other alternative.

Any advice very welcome
I have this on my setup, and have used it, for practice at around 30 meters or so. You definitely want to keep the fittings flushed out after a dive.

I'm not from the US either. New Swagelok is a new Swagelok - in spite of suppliers)))

BTW, which side would you use Female QC6 from - BOV (I know you don't have one and use backup on necklace instead) or cylinder?
Female QC6 on the BOV side. Male nipple is lighter and you can clear debris from it with a press on the end. This isn’t possible if the females are on the cylinders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom