AOW Instructor in Cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbulmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone recommend a PADI AOW instructor in the Cancun area who is available the last week of January 2005?
TIA

dbulmer:
Can anyone recommend a PADI AOW instructor in the Cancun area who is available the last week of January 2005?
TIA
talk to the boards very own cancun mark I am sure he can help

scubadoguk:
talk to the boards very own cancun mark I am sure he can help

I sent him a PM a couple of weeks back and he didn't reply.

dbulmer:
TIA

Wow, I am not sure how I missed that one, but here is the low down on Cancun.

There is one HUGE dive store and a handful of little ones. I work for the big one, which is a slick water sports marina with large custom dive boats, multiple departures, a stack of other activities to do etc, etc. The main criticisms clients have of it is that it lacks some of the personal touch due to its size, (we do have over three quarters of a million customers per year), and that our schedule is less flexible than the smaller dive stores.. It is ideal for the newer diver that wants help with their equipment, help in and out of the water and a safe guided dive and photos and videos available on every dive boat etc.

The smaller dive shops, have much smaller and older boats, variable quality equipment, less departure times and options, but pride themselves on their ability to provide a more personalized flexible service. These stores are better for those who hate having their equipment set up for them, who want to be on a boat that doesn't have other groups on them, and wants more control over their own dives.

Hope that helps a little and that I was as impartial as possible. Whatever you do, I suggest that you shop around when you get here, dont buy you course from a travel agent who will tell you anything they think you want to hear, go check out the different places yourself. MEETTHE INSTRUCTORS, that you are going to do the course with and make sure you feel comfortable with them.

Thanks Mark,
It looks like a smaller operator might suit me better as I have my own gear and it might be easier. BTW do you have to bring a snorkel with you for AOW? I dive a BP/W and a snorkel can get in the way so I'd rather not use it for the dives if I don't have to.

Back
Top Bottom