Anyone with PolarPro Switchblade? - Looking for dimensions to test on Osmo Action

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently use Davinci Resolve 17 - it has great color options and best of all, it's free!
I really like the osmo action, it takes great video: No filters, only post color grade.

I just want to be able to get closer up on small items (less than 1ft) - I bought a gopro 52mm ring adapter, and I'm going to see if I can rig it to fit my underwater case for my Osmo soon.

That is what I like to shoot as much natural light as possible. What did you do for WB with the Osmo? Automtic, or Underwater? I know you can do lots in post, but just wondering what you started with?

Also what was the overall rig. Selfie Stick or rack? Also what light?

Really wish there was a way to set WB with Osmo with reference card.

I currently use Davinci Resolve 17 - it has great color options and best of all, it's free!
I really like the osmo action, it takes great video: No filters, only post color grade.

I just want to be able to get closer up on small items (less than 1ft) - I bought a gopro 52mm ring adapter, and I'm going to see if I can rig it to fit my underwater case for my Osmo soon.

I use the studio version and shoot a GoPro …. But I am amazed to see those Colors from Osmo without a red filter ..seriously! Does it have a UCC mode? Does it shoot raw like protune for GoPro?

So I typically shoot with the underwater white balance setting in the Osmo (shows the picture of a fish).

Lights are also probably the most important element IMO- I shoot on a rig with two videolights-
I tried using gels but found that it was usually TOO much and it actually made things looks pink/purple and it was harder to grade out in post. The very first dive I took it in the keys was hard to color grade b/c of the gels - IE Keys Reefs video in my YouTube channel...
Here's a pic of what I use- TrustFire DF30s - floatation makes it only slightly negative.
PXL_20220217_201805968.jpg

It does has a "D-Cinalike" which is supposed to be less saturated and more like raw, but I just use "Normal" color, dewarp, 4k60, and underwater AWB.

People tend to dig on it vs GoPro, but it's really a great camera for the cost and I've NEVER had it freeze on me.

It does has a "D-Cinalike" which is supposed to be less saturated and more like raw, but I just use "Normal" color, dewarp, 4k60, and underwater AWB.

People tend to dig on it vs GoPro, but it's really a great camera for the cost and I've NEVER had it freeze on me.
I find the same thing that I am able to color correct easier without DCina. Flat profiles in every other camera, like my Sony etc. are the way to go, but D-Cinalike in the Osmo just never works for me. I have tried 5 different luts that were for DJI - but without it I get great results.

Here is what I am going to use this week in Cozumel. "Amazon Frankenstein". We'll see... Need to attach some foam for buoyancy and see what we get.

Attachments

• 20220217_175108.jpg
    20220217_175108.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220217_175256.jpg
    20220217_175256.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 75
I find the same thing that I am able to color correct easier without DCina. Flat profiles in every other camera, like my Sony etc. are the way to go, but D-Cinalike in the Osmo just never works for me. I have tried 5 different luts that were for DJI - but without it I get great results.
Yeah, I just stick to normal and I've been very happy with the results...

Yeah, I just stick to normal and I've been very happy with the results...

OK here is the final mod. High end buoyancy, lol. But you know it feels pretty solid and at under $200 for everything, except for action cam I think it will work well. Not a deep diver, but good for some 40 to 80 foot reef shots.

Attachments

• 20220217_192726.jpg
    20220217_192726.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220217_192737.jpg
    20220217_192737.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 68
Lol doesn't need to be pretty, just needs to get the job done. That noodle will compress quickly, but like you said, should be okay at least than 40ft or so. How is the buoyancy?

Lol doesn't need to be pretty, just needs to get the job done. That noodle will compress quickly, but like you said, should be okay at least than 40ft or so. How is the buoyancy?
I will test in the pool tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom