Anyone want to play hooky?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randall!! I was just thinking of you a while ago. I never thanked you for the video of you ice diving you let me watch. I really enjoyed it! In fact, I was just going through some cd's, looking for my install cd's for my computer problem I've got, and came across yours.

After getting cold on my second dive yesturday, I may consider going dry one of these days. I kinda like the look of that fusion suit I was reading about on another thread. Don't know how much is costs, but it looks cool!

Sorry we didn't call you to dive with us this weekend!

I'd have to agree with Kory; this weekend ROCKED. The weekend dives regardless of the weather were still in the top tier for Texas lake diving. It was so cool to have 3 other swampers brave the weather and jump in the water with us and make a day of it. Being outdoors and "roughing it" (as rough as it get's with the TajMahal Tent and an electric space heater) was just the bomb. It WAS cold.. but it wasn't even close to miserable. The water was 59 degrees, and with a 7mm suit, 5mm boots, and 3mm hood, I was plenty warm in the water. Getting out of the gear was "exciting" in the 38 degree weather, but we had a warm and dry tent to retreat to...it's all about planning and infrastructure. I won't be afraid of the cold any more. The couch isn't really all that comfortable anyway. Getting out is part of the adventure. Big thanks to Frank, Craig and Allen for coming out and partaking of the Dragon Lair... we had fun.

I'm also VERY glad there is now a scuba shop on the Lake. We hooked up with "J" from Scuba J's right at 9am just like he promised the night before. He opened up special for us, and replaced the high pressure hose going to my SPG. And Get THIS... He came in just for us, did the tech work to replace the hose and the price was LESS than I paid for lunch on the way home. J is a friendly fellow that's in the business because he loves it and knows the lake very well. For those of us that love diving Murray, we now have an on-site support shop. For the renters out there, he can provide everything from tanks, dive flags, to a total setup; and I'm confident it's all cheaper than what you're paying in the city. Just try and get service like THAT at one of those dedicated dive parks in the area... just one more reason to Dive Murray.

John had.. " almost hose failure" ....
When I was a kid we had this toy stuff like rubber cement that you could put on the end of a straw and blow these huge bubbles and then play with them.
They probably had Lead in them as well as all the mind numbing volitile chemicals of model airplane dope but we loved the stuff even still ( or because of it maybe I don't know)

John's hose sorta looked like those bubbles we used to make :D

At the time ... when we all surfaced and He showed us that Balloon on the guage end of His HP hose I was thinking... Hey Dude....

....... I'll let ya borrow my pony if you continue the dive just so I can watch that hose blow underwater !!

:rofl3:

John had.. " almost hose failure" ....
When I was a kid we had this toy stuff like rubber cement that you could put on the end of a straw and blow these huge bubbles and then play with them.
They probably had Lead in them as well as all the mind numbing volitile chemicals of model airplane dope but we loved the stuff even still...

THAT explains a lot! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom