Anyone want to dive the Jetties Saturday afternoon 10/7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaknott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

I will be at Vortex this weekend doing the checkout dives for my Stress and Rescue Class, We will be finishing up on Saturday around 1:00 pm so I thought I would see if anyone is interested in diving either the Jetties or one of the other springs near Vortex. I would really like to dive the Jetties or if the weather does not look good I would be interested in Morris or Gennie. Either way let me hear from you guys if you are interested.

Morrison is ~10-15 minutes from Vortex, Ginnie is ~4 hours, maybe a bit more.

I was not aware that Gennie was that far away, Thanks. So I guess then I will be looking at either diving Morrison or the Jetties. Anybody interested.

aquaknott:
Hello everyone,

I will be at Vortex this weekend doing the checkout dives for my Stress and Rescue Class, We will be finishing up on Saturday around 1:00 pm so I thought I would see if anyone is interested in diving either the Jetties or one of the other springs near Vortex. I would really like to dive the Jetties or if the weather does not look good I would be interested in Morris or Gennie. Either way let me hear from you guys if you are interested.
High tide is 9PM. Plan on current if you dive the jetties.

SuPrBuGmAn:
9PM isn't too late to dive :)

It's also a FULL MOON, It would be an excellent time for a nite dive. I would be interested.......................otto

ottomatik:
It's also a FULL MOON, It would be an excellent time for a nite dive. I would be interested.......................otto
I should also mention that its a state park, thus no night diving.

He never mentioned which jetties, Destin jetties is a public access beach, but not a state park.

You should plan on Morrison, you could make Cypress by renting a canoe or talking SuPR or myself into taking our boats up. The Destin, jetties will take a lot out of you. That time of day on a Saturday could take you 1 1/2 - 2 hours to drive down through the traffic. The best bet for Destin jetties is to get SuPr o rmyself to put our boats in on the bay launch on beach near the jetties.

I would recommend Morrison and then going back to Vortex fotr a night dive. I would be up for that if you want

SuPrBuGmAn:
He never mentioned which jetties, Destin jetties is a public access beach, but not a state park.
Youre right. I just assumed he meant the better jetties. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom