Anyone want to dive Friday the 10th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hansonian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was just informed I'll be working this weekend (which cancels my diving plans) but we're getting the 10th off. Anyone want to hit Spanish Rocks or anywhere else? I'm open to suggestions.

I'm flying in from California into Tampa April 8th. I've charted a 4 tank dive on Thursday the 9th at Clear Water. And it would be nice to dive again on the 10th.

I don't know where Spanish Rocks is at, would that be a beach dive or boat?

Thanks,

MG

Its a beach dive in Bradenton. About 45 minute south of Clearwater. Well worth the drive down there.

Is this location appropriate for a beginner? My son is a new diver. We are going to be in the area during Easter week and are looking dive spots.

I'm flying in from California into Tampa April 8th. I've charted a 4 tank dive on Thursday the 9th at Clear Water. And it would be nice to dive again on the 10th.

I don't know where Spanish Rocks is at, would that be a beach dive or boat?

Thanks,

MG

Four tanks?!?!?! Who are you going out with, Tanks-A-Lot?

Its a beach dive in Bradenton. About 45 minute south of Clearwater. Well worth the drive down there.

I will be staying in Apollo Beach, staying with my mom. This will be the first time I visit her since she moved out here from California.

I assume that Apollo Beach is closer to Brandenton? If it is, you can count me in as a beach diver for Spanish Rocks.

I will keep an eye on this thread and will be bringing my cell number for easy communication once I arrive.

Thanks,

MG

p.s
Does anyone know what temps I will be hitting next week? I'm debating whether or not to bring my drysuit with a lighter undergarments for 65+ waters. If I don't I will be diving my 7mm full suit with 7mm hooded vest; 10 mm in the chest everywhere else 7mm; gloves are 4mm boots are 6mm.

Yes Apollo Beach is much closer. Its probably only a 20 or 30 minute drive from Apollo Beach. The water temps look like they are going to be in the upper 50's next week. The end of this week they will be in the lower 70's but there is a cold front coming through over the weekend so they are supposed to drop. I got my info from windguru.com.

Four tanks?!?!?! Who are you going out with, Tanks-A-Lot?

Would 2 sets of doubles be the same thing? :D

Beano

P.S. OK , I am raiding your Salty dive thread. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom