Anyone want to dive Friday the 10th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes Apollo Beach is much closer. Its probably only a 20 or 30 minute drive from Apollo Beach. The water temps look like they are going to be in the upper 50's next week. The end of this week they will be in the lower 70's but there is a cold front coming through over the weekend so they are supposed to drop. I got my info from windguru.com.

If the water temp is going to be in the upper 50's than I might make other plans. I don't mind cool water but I got a thing against it being cold. I'm going to have to keep a eye on this.

Looks like Tampa diving will be cold indeed. I'm use to diving 54 degrees in my wetsuit configuration but when we hit 48 degrees my wetsuit is no longer effective and I must enter dry.

I will bring both my dry and my wet suit. I will then dive accordingly to the temps. I really do want to make this a diving trip so can you guys keep me in mind?

Captain Mike sent me an email letting me know conditions are looking rough for boat diving next week, I hope we don't' have to cancel.

If we do, how protected are your beach dives? We have protected coves within the bay over here in Monterey that allow us to dive when boats are called in.

MG

Hey MG you can watch the marine forecasts here:

South Marine Text Forecasts by Zone

If there's high winds for a few days the viz will be shot completely there's no protected coves...

You should make a plan B to head over to the east coast...West Palm Beach area has lots of boats...

Cheers.

-J.-

i'd love to join you the 10th. I'm thinking of doing a venice tooth dive also, but i'll dive anywhere. what time are you going?

I heard that a front's moving through about Wednesday and it's gonna get cold, just what I was told. Won't do much to water temp, but if the air's cold and the water's a choppy mess, might be a lot of not fun...
EDIT: Johnny Bravo, thanks a ton for that site, I'd always done the call the number and listen to the computer voice for 5 minutes thing before, didn't even realize there was a website

i'd love to join you the 10th. I'm thinking of doing a venice tooth dive also, but i'll dive anywhere. what time are you going?

i'm still planning on diving friday, hopefully the weather will cooperate. i wouldn't be against diving for teeth. i've never done it before, got any pointers? which would be a better dive spot if the wind is kicking, spanish rocks or venice?

If the wind is kicking do Venice. It doesn't take a lot of viz to hunt for teeth but if the viz is bad the rocks will suck.

Vis is very poor in the Gulf and has been for the last two, three weeks. With the winds blowing like they have been, it will take a week or more for the vis to improve significantly. I dove Jupiter Saturday with 60-70 ft vis. Water temp was 68 on the bottom, saw lots of Goliath's and Turtles. I think your best bet is a day trip to the East coast, it will be much more enjoyable, and not that expensive. :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
Was out over the weekend on both days. Bottom temp was at least 70. Some spots 72. Saturday vis was non existent. Sunday headed deep and found vis along with 70 degree water. Vis was found out in 75'+. The winds this week may change that again.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom