Anyone tried the Bism White Beans Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like I’m the only person who knows anything about this brand.

It’s made by Bridgestone. It’s by far the most popular regulator brand used in Japan right now by Japanese divers.

Most people in Japan use the CMAS style, where the secondary regulator is routed to the left. Thus, most regulators have the LP hose going from the bottom so they can be used left or right handed.

I’ve never used one, so I can’t really provide a personal account, but the instructor I dive with, who has far more experience than me says they’re good.
People are comfortable commenting without knowledge these days. Thank you for the insight.

I use scubapro regs. When I showed up the first day and they looked at my gear, they gave me a concerned glance and said “where did you get those? Do they even service them anymore?” The diving scene in Japan outside of Okinawa and a tiny part of Tokyo is…very different from anything seen on scubaboard.
Did you get the sharp intake of breath as well? I thought I recognized the Bism brand name, I saw plenty of them in Wakayama where I dove for years. The secondary regulator routed to the left surprised me, so did the exhaust valve on each ankle for their drysuits.

I did, however, get appreciative looks for wearing my fleece, Pirate pajama bottoms under my drysuit.

Did you get the sharp intake of breath as well? I thought I recognized the Bism brand name, I saw plenty of them in Wakayama where I dove for years. The secondary regulator routed to the left surprised me, so did the exhaust valve on each ankle for their drysuits.

I did, however, get appreciative looks for wearing my fleece, Pirate pajama bottoms under my drysuit.
Yup. I’m also not allowed to do a night dive because I don’t have a night diving certification. I’m glad they let me boat dove without a boat diving cert.

But the van is free to the dive site, it leaves on time, and the compressor room is immaculate. The pluses and minuses of diving in japan.

Bism RX2520C, pictures from the web.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1644777107067.jpg
    FB_IMG_1644777107067.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 163
  • FB_IMG_1644777093499.jpg
    FB_IMG_1644777093499.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 171
Seems like I’m the only person who knows anything about this brand.

It’s made by Bridgestone. It’s by far the most popular regulator brand used in Japan right now by Japanese divers.

Most people in Japan use the CMAS style, where the secondary regulator is routed to the left. Thus, most regulators have the LP hose going from the bottom so they can be used left or right handed.

I’ve never used one, so I can’t really provide a personal account, but the instructor I dive with, who has far more experience than me says they’re good.
It is available in HK.
AFAIK it is very popular in Japan especially with the ladies. The choice of various colours is something that no other manufacturers outside the country will appreciate.
Multi-colour wet suit with matching fins.
I do not recall ever met any Japanese female diver using black colour fins.

As for the question by the OP: Ask the shop how much is the service charge?

AFAIK it is very popular in Japan especially with the ladies. The choice of various colours is something that no other manufacturers outside the country will appreciate.
Multi-colour wet suit with matching fins.
I do not recall ever met any Japanese female diver using black colour fins.
Given the Hello Kitty thing, I am not surprised.

I have done it now; just cannot "unsee" them . . .

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 146
  • rb3400cs.jpg
    rb3400cs.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 157
It also happens to be one of the more affordable Japanese regulators...600 dollars for 1st and 2nd stage:

otherwise, you can go with a MK25 / G260 for a cool 1500 dollars:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom