Anyone remember this SP reg thingamabob?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a 108 with one of those attached, I guess it was in storage for so long it deformed the rubber diaphragm cover.

He is from Russia so that is just a Cyrillic S. /s
:)
Wise!
But it is Russian "г" - g
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQIgEldwFMIofy7wSZcKusyIBEZ4X4JuRZErYs8SmArEHr7dbX-&usqp=CAU.jpg

Are they not needed anymore? I often hear folks saying to store regs with the purge depressed. I have to admit that I don't store mine that way... although maybe I should start since I'm no longer getting my regs serviced every 12 months.

depends on how you have the regs adjusted. if you have them adjusted so that they don't seal with the adjuster all the way out, it isn't necessary. atomic doesn't need them due to the seat saver feature.

Are they not needed anymore? I often hear folks saying to store regs with the purge depressed. I have to admit that I don't store mine that way... although maybe I should start since I'm no longer getting my regs serviced every 12 months.
Use Atomic :) with floating seat :)

If you truly inserted them for really "prolonged storage" the old rubber diaphragm covers would take a set and get ruined. :(

After SP became aware of this ^^^ they developed another device-a key that the owner inserts into the 'S' (Ƨ for Alex.) The key depresses the diaphragm & purge without distorting the diaphragm cover.

Below is an example of the key installed, not installed, and the result of long term storage with the spoon device.

ScubaPro purge depressor.jpg

After SP became aware of this ^^^ they developed another device-a key that the owner inserts into the 'S' . The key depresses the diaphragm & purge without distorting the diaphragm cover.

Yes the key seemed like a much better idea. It looked a lot more elegant design, but I wonder why it wasn't around longer. I don't really know how long it was around, but it seems that the earlier "paddles" are more easily found than the later "keys".

Back
Top Bottom