Anyone remember this SP reg thingamabob?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just thought up a new project for my friend in L A @James79 :)
If you measure the depth that it extends to the inside of the S, I'll add it to the project list! Or if you have one not in use to send this way for reverse engineering/replication.
(I really need to stop accepting projects!)
Respectfully,
James

If you measure the depth that it extends to the inside of the S, I'll add it to the project list! Or if you have one not in use to send this way for reverse engineering/replication.
(I really need to stop accepting projects!)
Respectfully,
James
Hi James,

I already owe you a write up on a previous project-I promise to get around to it soon. Email your snail mail address to me and I'll get an 'S' & a key type depressor out to you.

Cheers,

Couv

Hi James,

I already owe you a write up on a previous project-I promise to get around to it soon. Email your snail mail address to me and I'll get an 'S' & a key type depressor out to you.

Cheers,

Couv
Sent, and no rush.... I still owe you a teardown on my Pseudo-Duro that has a few hours on it!

Respectfully,
James

Why would you need to keep the purge button depressed during storage?

Why would you need to keep the purge button depressed during storage?
It takes the pressure off the soft seat, so it doesn't take a set as fast. Makes the seat (and tune) last longer.
Respectfully
James

It takes the pressure off the soft seat, so it doesn't take a set as fast. Makes the seat (and tune) last longer.
Respectfully
James

Cool. Thanks. I just picked up a 109 so I guess I'll have to keep that in mind.

After SP became aware of this ^^^ they developed another device-a key that the owner inserts into the 'S' (Ƨ for Alex.) The key depresses the diaphragm & purge without distorting the diaphragm cover.

Below is an example of the key installed, not installed, and the result of long term storage with the spoon device.

View attachment 578280

I make my DIY SP 108/109/156 seat savers from recycled inflator hoses.

They don't look pretty, but they are functional.

I'm sure it's been done before.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-04 at 12.45.00.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-04 at 12.44.58.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-04 at 12.45.01.jpeg

Very clever! @Umuntu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom