Anyone remember Sam McCoys dive lodge on Little Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nfarrar

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone else remember Sam McCoys Dive Lodge on Little Cayman? It was not the fancy but had great diving. I got to do there almost every summer growing up. My grand Father and Sam would go bone fishing. The last time I remember going was in the 80s. I hear it kind of went down. Thats sad. It was a fun place. Good memmories.

Later Mon,
Nick

I tried to find it on line this year, no luck. Would be nice if some opened an economical option on LC.

Oh, Sam passed away a while back. I dont believe Mary was able to keep it open. I just wanted to know if anyone else remembered it.

I was there in 2005. Sam had a lot of stories about the island. One that I remember, is his account of his car accident with the only other car on the island!

It has been shut since Sam died a few years ago. Mary & Chris told me a while back they are hoping to reopen but it needs a lot of work. Shame - a great spot.

It has been shut since Sam died a few years ago. Mary & Chris told me a while back they are hoping to reopen but it needs a lot of work. Shame - a great spot.

Chris is a GREAT guy! He came to stay with my grand father here is the states when he learned to fly. That is a funny story all in its own. Talk about a fun upbringing! He grew up feet away from great diving. I think hes half fish too! I cant wait to see him in June. I have yet to see their new baby. I hope they can remodel and reopen the old Lodge. I know Chris has wanted to take it over for a long time. Maybe it will work out soon. Plus, if Nikki has anything to do with it it will be WELL planned and though out. Shes one smart lady! He did pretty good to marry her. Chris took be to the shore when i a 5 or 6 and let me us scuba for the first time in about a foot of water. I have been hooked ever since. Hooked on both the Caymans and diving. I haven't been to little Cayman since the 80's. I might try to go over this summer for a day.

Later Mon,
Nick

We used to take groups there. Those were great times. I loved Mary's rice & beans. What a wonderful family! I miss Sam.

Last spring, I think they were doing Sat. night BBQ's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom