Anyone know where I can find this wrist slate thingy???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok... Im curious if anyone knows what I am talking about. I am looking for a wrist slate of sorts. But instead of having the plastic to write on, this has a dry pouch that you could put a piece of paper in that seals water tight.

I hate writing on the standard plastic slates and normally either have a typed or hand written dive profile on paper that I would like to have on my wrist as a backup to my computer for deco dives. I know I saw this thing online at some point, but can't seem to find one one. :confused:

Thanks!

Are you talking about something similar to what quarterbacks wear that has their plays on a printed sheet? I recall seeing something like that for diving.... trying to remember where.

The sleeve doesn't have to be waterproof if the paper you use is ...:

DuraCopy Waterproof Copier Paper

"Rite in the Rain" All-Weather Copier and Laser Paper

I've been using the All-Weather paper, and as a test left a laser printed sheet out in my back yard for an entire summer. Other than being a bit crumpled and dirty, the print was still perfectly legible and the paper was intact with no sign of dissolving.

That said, I think the DuraCopy is even stronger and even less likely to be affected by water. I'll probably by a pack to cut up and punch for new pages for my wetnotes.

Henrik

Are you talking about something similar to what quarterbacks wear that has their plays on a printed sheet? I recall seeing something like that for diving.... trying to remember where.

Yup. Thats exactly what I am thinking.... Just don't know where to find it.

Or just laminate the paper...

Laminating would work if it is something that you aren't going to write on or that is static. This is for profile calcs and stops for a specific dive. Most times I write them out on the spot just before jumping in. No time to laminate it.

Ok... Im curious if anyone knows what I am talking about. I am looking for a wrist slate of sorts. But instead of having the plastic to write on, this has a dry pouch that you could put a piece of paper in that seals water tight.

I hate writing on the standard plastic slates and normally either have a typed or hand written dive profile on paper that I would like to have on my wrist as a backup to my computer for deco dives. I know I saw this thing online at some point, but can't seem to find one one. :confused:

Thanks!

I use the AquaSketch Minno and it works well and is much easier to read than a regular dive slate. You are alos very unlikely to run out of space.

aquaSketch | The Underwater Drawing System | writing, drafting and illustration underwater | The AquaSketch Overview

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUSM.html

Last edited:
I use the AquaSketch Minno and it works well and is much easier to read than a regular dive slate. You are alos very unlikely to run out of space.

aquaSketch | The Underwater Drawing System | writing, drafting and illustration underwater | The AquaSketch Overview

AquaSketch Minno Wrist Slate?&&

I also use the AquaSketch. The problems with it are, it's fairly high profile on your arm and gets caught on shoulder straps of the BC when donning, and to have your buddy read he has to position himself very close and the two of you have to stay relatively still.

Adam

A lot of Tec divers in our area write (black Sharpie) out the Schedule on Duct Tape (white), then put it on the slate and then just put Clear Packing tape over top so that it won't rub off!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom